Sunday 17 November 2019

REVIEW: Sarah Jessica Parker Born Lovely EDP...

Just over a year ago I discovered Lovely, the first fragrance from Sarah Jessica Parker (review HERE) which had been on the market since 2005, so I decided to be a bit quicker off the blocks in discovering the daughter of this original scent, Born Lovely ...

Born Lovely bottle, box & diamante earrings

As with the first, I found this at Chemist Warehouse for $9.99 for the 30ml bottle. This is actually a brilliant marketing strategy as the price is crazily affordable, the flacon is compact enough to fit in a handbag, and the presentation is as stunning as fragrances at least 4 or 5 times the price. The bottle is the same shape but instead of clear glass, it's a soft smoky grey with pink accents and a cute bow instead of a plain band around the neck. And while I loved the original look, this is even prettier ...

Angled view of Born Lovely bottle, box and pink earrrings

For me, the fragrance has some similarities to Lovely, no doubt due to the same mandarin top note and cedarwood base (see below), but my nose picks up more floral and fruit than wood in this version. Overall I would say it's aptly named as it's gentler, younger, simpler and more innocent than Lovely. Equally gorgeous and totally feminine, on my skin, it isn't obvious past a couple of hours, and yet at the end of the day, I still get little wafts of freshness that make this a treasure. I've no doubt if you enjoy Lovely, you will also want to find a place for Born Lovely in your collection ...

Born Lovely bottle sitting on box, with bling ring

Lovely                              
Top Notes: Mandarin, bergamot, rosewood, lavender, apple martini
Middle NotesPatchouli, paperwhites, orchid
Base Notes: Cedarwood, white amber, musks, woods             

Born Lovely
Top Notes: Mandarin, peony, cassis
Middle Notes: Freesia, honeysuckle, orange blossom
Base Notes: Patchoulicedarwood, caramel

Light and fresh, this is an ideal fragrance for the transition from spring to summer, and well into the hot weather when I don't want anything too potent when I douse myself in a cooling spray. Nice one SJP!

Have you tried this one yet?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Im sure I would love this. I adore anything with citrus.
    I seriously will work on using up some of my bottles of perfume in 2020. I told myself that I would do this in 2019 but it hasnt happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep at it Fawn - you will succeed, eventually! I've managed to finish off 4 bottles so far this year, and am confident I can empty another one before 2019 draws to a close. It's a challenge though as I never wear the same fragrance 2 days in a row!

      Delete
  2. I need to smell this next time I'm in the city! I love the bottle design, so Lovely!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty hey Di, and I highly recommend a spritz to see if it's your kinda scent - I just LOVE that these are so accessible for a small outlay ♥

      Delete