Monday 31 December 2018

Marc Jacobs Decadence EDP...

Don't you just love surprises? I have to admit I had quite a bit of stuff on my Christmas wish-list this year, but dear Santa came through with something I hadn't dared to even dream about - Marc Jacobs Decadence EDP, in the most stunning gift box that included the 100ml EDP, a 10ml Rollerball, and 75ml Lavish Body Lotion. Holey guacemoley - I teared up when I opened the parcel because it's something so totally indulgent that I would NEVER EVER buy for myself, and isn't that just the perfect kind of gift? ...



In the past, Marc Jacobs has delivered some stunning fragrance bottles, from Lola to Daisy to Dot, but I reckon this design is a masterpiece in the fragrance world - everything about it is exquisite, extravagant and well, decadent lol! You have to hold it in your hand (it's so heavy!) to appreciate the quality and workmanship involved in the creation of this presentation extravaganza. As you can see my camera fell in love with it too, and I couldn't stop snapping it from any and every angle - the combination of emerald glass, teal green snakeskin lid, rapper gold chain and black tassel forming a glamorous evening bag ensemble is simply to-die-for ♥ The lid even attaches firmly with magnets so you can carry it around by the chain (can't help myself lol!)...


What made this gift even more special was that I'd only sampled the actual fragrance a week before - it's so potent and distinctive I remember thinking that while I was certainly captivated by it's boldness, could I even carry off such an intense and head-turning scent? Well, I basked in her sensuous embrace for the rest of the day (SO long lasting) and filed her uniqueness away in the "maybe one day..." cabinet in my brain, little suspecting she would be in my life so soon ...


Honestly, I could rave on all day about the packaging, but I need to save some superlatives for the perfume itself. I'll start by saying this is NOT a scent for anyone who wants to blend in with the crowd, or has concerns about making a very loud statement with their fragrance. This is big, and I mean BIG, mega - it says "I'm here and I'm not shy - are you ready for me?"...



Note-wise, this sexy elixir opens with plum, iris & saffron exploding into life like nothing my olfactory senses have come across before  There's also Bulgarian rose, jasmine and orris root in this heady mix, and interestingly the dry down is quite a long way off in the distance. When it does eventually happen, the amber, vetiver and papyrus woods ensure this lavish fragrance will be with you for at least 10 hours straight. It's quite a challenge for me to express how I perceive all of the contents listed above because everything is blended so masterfully, but what I can say is that for me it is green and woody with a potent hit of plum, and the rose & jasmine content is tempered with a touch of spice. It has the warmth and earthiness of a mulled wine, but there's also a distinctive freshness to it, like being in a forest of pine trees...


For sure, this is one of the most difficult perfume reviews I've attempted. It's one of those scents that you just simply have to try for yourself as I can imagine individual skin chemistry will play a big part in whether you love it or not (some folks say on them it smells like dill pickles!). If I can stop incessantly spritzing myself with this delight, I will save it for extra special occasions and cooler months when I'll relish expressing a sultry, sexy and supernally confident attitude, together with a devastatingly bold red lip. Right now I'm staring at this opulent bottle on my shelf feeling...totally decadent ...

Have you tried this luscious fragrance? What's your favourite Marc Jacobs perfume?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Happy New Year lovelies! Wishing you a brilliant 2019, and may it deliver your hearts' greatest desires ...

4 comments:

  1. Oh my....Im going to have to look out for this one and hunt down a tester. It really does sound divine.
    I was lucky enough to by sent a bottle of the Nuxe perfume for Christmas....my first.
    I also ended up with a bottle of Angel. I had purchased it as a gift for someone else and then they mentioned that they really wanted perfume for Christmas and they named the scent they wanted....it was not Angel so i decided to get them the one they had asked for and the bottle of Angel remains unopened and still wrapped in Christmas paper :)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your loved ones Kats. I think you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Happy New Year back to you and your family Fawn my dear! I'm smiling here reading that you scored some fragrance from Santa, even if one was from you - I've only ever tried the Nuxe oil, and somehow or other I've not even sampled Angel yet, although the bottle always catches my eye. Wear them both in good health sweetheart ♥

      Delete
  2. Happy new year! 🎉🥂💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy girl, and here's to a brilliant 2019 for you and those close to you. Especially wishing you lots of refreshingly sound sleep ♥♥♥

      Delete