Saturday 29 December 2018

Elizabeth Arden White Tea EDT...

Well as you can see my forays into Elizabeth Arden territory are ongoing, and the last strike revealed what might well be the jewel in her crown - White Tea EDT . I'll admit I was already both intrigued and entranced after reading skincare junkie's review of it on beautyheaven (HERE), and then when I saw it on special at Myer, I took it as a sign that the universe thought I should have it in my collection. I'm so glad I responded to the hint because this is one of the most beautiful spring/summer fragrances I've had the pleasure to experience...


The packaging is gorgeous and the perfect representation of the fragrance inside. Cooling, calming & elegant, the rectangular bottle is white ombre - clear at the base morphing into solid white at the top, with a square plastic cap covering all but 5mm of the gold spray fitting. Simple, elegant, clean. The $50 "special" I bought was a box with the 50ml bottle plus a 100ml tube of Pure Indulgence Body Cream, which I've yet to try, but being Elizabeth Arden and containing shea butter, it's sure to be a delight. Having fallen for this scent big time, I powered through a third of the bottle in the first week (!) so I jumped online and ordered the 100ml from feelingsexy who had (and still have) the 100ml for $34 - woo hoo!...


At first it reminded me of Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (which I also adore for summer), but it's way softer, more subtle, more womanly. While the initial spritz is equally crisp and refreshing, the dry down is deliciously (and delicately) musky and powdery. Top notes are Italian Mandarin, Clary Sage, Sea Breeze Accord and Japanese White Fern, but within a few minutes, the White Tea emerges, skillfully entwined with White Iris, Mate and Turkish Rose, all gliding on a base of Amber, Ambrette, Tonka Bean and Exotic Woods. Sigh...it's just sooooo beautiful ...


Compared to her Green Tea (lovingly reviewed last month HERE) this little darling is quite a bit more expensive, but hey, it's class all the way. At around 4 hours on my skin, longevity is reasonably good for an EDT, but you'll want to keep spraying it throughout the day anyway, just to relish the blissful burst of feminine refreshment it delivers ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment