Saturday 1 December 2018

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite October 2018 LOTD's...

Here we go with another month of pout paint pics, and you can always count on me for a variety of shades, formulas and price points. Those three factors are why I am so loopy for lippie - any gal will always be able to find something that's flattering to their complexion, comfortable to wear, and within their budget...


...plus I never ever underestimate the power of a new lipstick to lift my spirits ... 


1. ModelCo Luxcreme Long Wear Lipstick - Sienna. Don't you just LOVE it when magazines have a free lipstick stuck on the cover? Thanks to Coles & Womens Weekly for this pretty nude that wears well, and is actually quite comfortable for a long-laster ...
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Abstract Orange.  Aptly named as it's hardly what I'd call an orange, more of a terracotta or bricky red, but I love these in-between shades. Been a big fan of Revlon for many years, and I can't see that changing any time soon ...
3. Seraphine Botanicals Quince & Crimson Lip & Cheek Crayon. Soft velvety feel on the lips, lasts for hours and hours, vegan, glorious colour but quite sheer - the blotchy bits in the photo are my freckles showing through as I didn't use a lipliner underneath, still love it though ...



4. Hikari Lip Crayon - Armour. This is absolutely gorgeous, I wore it again just the other day and it survived breakfast. Courtesy of a Lip Monthly bag, I have a few of these crayons from this brand and they are all stunners ...
5. Antipodes Natural Lipstick - Hungry Like the Wolf.  Oh, oh, oh, so much to love in these lippies, chockablock with goodness - this was a gift from the gorgeous Marisa Robinson a few years ago, I'm not even sure they make it any more, but holey guacemoley, what a red this is ...
6. Essence Adventure Awaits Metallic Lipstick - Kisses From The Orient. I'm a huge fan of Essence lipsticks, BUT, this is a limited edition and we all know what that means - buy it while you can (and if you can find it). I nabbed a couple because it's the perfect Christmas lipstick - the metallic content is gold, and it glistens and gleams with all the bedazzlement of the festive season ...



7. Maybelline ColorDrama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Pink So Chic. I'm still in awe of this range - fabulous colours and formula, and still available for $9.95. No liner required, lightweight, comfortable, the dedicated post I wrote in April 2015 when they first came out is HERE ...
8. Essence Adventure Awaits Metallic Lipstick - Kisses from Asia. The partner in the Limited Edition set - not quite as jaw-dropping as the Orient one, but still a beauty, and oh how I love the pink + gold metallic combo (but weird that the case is orange). I bought a spare 'cos I have nothing else like this ...
9. MBA Cosmetics - Lovespell. These MBA lipsticks just keep on keeping on - at least 3 years old and no degradation of the product. What a pretty girly pink hey ...



10. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate - #20. Another gem I can't get enough of. Some bright pinks are just too lollyish or what I call "Barbie Pink", but this darling has both oomph and class, and the formula is a dream ...
11. Revlon Matte Balm - Passionate. Adore this shade, and it's so smooth and velvety - I have one other from this set, and I should buy more as I'm mad keen on the convenience of crayons, and especially if they're as lip friendly as this ...
12. MBA Cosmetics - Stargazer. If you want purple, head to MBA Cosmetics - this fave has appeared many times in these posts, and will for a while yet ...

What's your go-to lip colour?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love Antipodes lipsticks and this shade is amazing...I have a few of their shades but I hadnt heard of this one. All of the ones in my collection have place names.
    Essence are such amazing value. Sadly my priceline dont stock that brand :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fawn, I can't see Hungry Like the Wolf on their website which usually means it's been discontinued - pity as it's a beauty. And how odd that your Priceline doesn't have an essence stand, I guess it comes down to floor space - the only other store where I've seen the brand is Target, but not necessarily in all stores. It's a challenge hey!

      Delete