Sunday 11 August 2019

REVIEW: Essence Fall Back To Nature Highlighter & Blush Palette...

Oh the joy of a brand new blush set! While I've been buying single cheek rouge pans whenever I've spotted something particularly appealing, it's been literally years since I bought a palette of mixed shades, and when I spotted this Essence Fall Back To Nature Highlighter & Blush Palette in Target yesterday, it was a done deal ...


It's an inspiring mix of coordinated mattes and shimmers in some of the most unusual shades I've ever seen. The presentation is just so cute and pretty, and it has a protective plastic sheet firmly attached so you can see the colours in-store, but the pans are protected from inquisitive fingers (there's a slide-out tester on the stand). At $20, it's quite pricey amongst the usual budget-friendly Essence range, but well worth it for a selection of five hues with two different finishes ...


Normally I find the latest Essence limited editions in Priceline, but I either missed this Fall set, or it never made it into my local store. Googling reveals this was actually released last year for the northern hemisphere Autumn, so I don't know how long it's been available in Oz, or for how much longer. There's an eye shadow palette as well, but the colours were not so appealing to me (quite muted and natural), but if you're interested, I'd hoof it to Target before the collection is gone forever ...


I have lots of blushes in my kit but none quite like this array, and nothing in the maple or pumpkin shades. And, well, you know me and how obsessed I am with matching my makeup to my outfits, so you can imagine that I'm blissing out at having more choices. Now for the arm swatches!...


Pigmentation is quite impressive - even the mattes, and even the yellowy tones, which in my experience with powders, is unusual to say the least. As to be expected, the shimmers are creamier, and I'd classify the light-reflecting quality as medium - by my standards that means they're not OTT. A couple of brush swipes will give you a subtle wash of colour, but all are blendable and buildable without becoming patchy. Interestingly I'm most excited about the red one (Pretty For Mr. Apple) as I only have one red blush, and it's over five years old - well I did have, it's now in the bin lol ...

To sum up I'm absolutely delighted with the quality and colour mix in this selection - I'm not a big user of highlighter, and it's a treat to have a matching shimmer shade that I can stroke across the tops of my cheeks without the need for those around me to reach for their sunnies. Love! ...

Take care of you,
kats xx

6 comments:

  1. I looked at this without reading and first and thought "WOW thats an awesome eye shadow palette"...LOL I love the colours and to be honest I often use blush shades as eye shadow :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on Fawn! I wore the Maple as an eyeshadow last week as I have nothing like it in my eye palettes xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow, it is so pretty! You really grabbed my attention there with that beautiful golden butterfly. <3 I am a sucker for shimmer shades, but I love how it has equal parts matte as well. It is a very well balanced palette. Nice pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever lose my passion for shimmers Candy - they don't necessarily agree with my hooded old eyes, but what the hell, they're just too pretty to not use! xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm not a big blush wearer - there's enough blush here to last me the rest of my life! I'd be so tempted to use them as eyeshadows too!

    I find essence is much better quality than you'd expect for the bargain price. Most of their products are made in EU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree ma'am - I've had some misses from their range, but mostly hits, and they are terrific value ♥

      Delete