Sunday 18 August 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite July 2019 LOTD's...

I'm not sure how this happened, but it seems I didn't wear a red lipstick in July - whoa, must be a first! But hey, there were so many other gorgeous nudes and plums and purples I just had to trot out, and you know I'll make up for it in August lol. And a quarter of these were from Australis because they had a sale with all lipsticks on special for $3 - need I say more?...

As usual, there's a mix of old faves and newbies - still culling the collection, and will do a re-count soon ...


1. Colourpop Metallic Lip - DM.  I just adore this metallic golden bronze, but it's just too drying, so this was its last outing and I had to let it go...sob...
2. Bourjois Rouge Laque - Self Peach.  More tangerine than peach but I love it all the same. Love Bourjois! ...
3. Australis Colour Inject Moisturising Mineral Lipstick - Bolero.  For $3 I had to have this, but is it pink or is it red? Let's say a reddish pink, but not quite a fuchsia. This formula is beautiful - I'd forgotten how good these lippies are ...



4. W7 Kiss Lipstick - Reds - Chestnut.  How stunning is this warm and wintery red? The formula isn't so great though - very comfortable, moist and juicy, but it slips and slides all over the place. Even with a lip liner, you need to check it every so often as it has a tendency to end up on your chin and your cheeks lol ...
5. Maybelline ColorSensational Made For All - Mauve For Me.  Can't rave about this enough - SO flattering, the perfect formula. I have a few spares ...
6. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate - 48.  Another one I had to toss - have had it for years and it'd started to smell weird. Love the colour though ...



7. Nutrimetics Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance - Marshmallow.  This one appears here fairly regularly - it's that perfect shade of plummy brown that goes so well with the darker colours in my winter wardrobe, and the formula is a dream ...
8. Maybelline ColorSensational Metallic Matte - Copper Rose.  This one just barely makes the cut in the comfort sector as it is a little drying, but the fabulous colour and unusual finish give it extra points so it's a keeper ...
9. Nutrimetics Silk Creme - Plum.  I have worn this heaps, in fact, I'm halfway down the bullet. Beautifully creamy, this keeps my lips supple and hydrated from dawn till dusk, and well that plummy pink hue is a winner ...



10. Australis Colour Inject Moisturising Mineral Lipstick - Electronica. Another from my bargain haul - bright but not scary and will be a regular this coming Spring ...
11. Revlon Super Lustrous - Berry Haute.  This is the pink that thought it was a purple - definitely borderline between the two shades, and one of my faves. Love your work Revlon ...
12. Australis Colour Inject Moisturising Mineral Lipstick - Gangsta Rap.  The find of the month - I have two tops and a cardi that are EXACTLY this colour, so thanks Australis! ...

That's it for July lovelies - which one do you fancy the most?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. Numbers 1, 5 and 10 are the ones that entice me out of this bunch.
    A sale with $3 lippies sounds awesome. Im so broke and trying to be so good and not spend money but that might have tempted me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your choices Fawn - Australis is having another $3 sale all this weekend, and I'm guilty of indulging, but that will be it for me for a while ♥

      Delete
  2. I've got the same Rimmel by Kate #48 - I usually only wear it in autumn & winter.

    I've been checking a few Priceline discount bins looking for the Maybelline Metallics, but no luck! They seem to have released this range so quietly, only to discontinue them. Ah, if only I'd known about them sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MNY metallic situation sure is kinda weird - the first I heard (and saw) of them was when they were $5 in Priceline, and the sales assistant told me they were also on a 3-for-2 deal because they were discontinued. WTF? They are quite drying, but the colours and finish are gorgeous ♥

      Delete
  3. Number 4 and number 5 are my favourites from this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Colourpop Metallic Lip in DM. Shame that you had to ditch it. I have a few lippies that are drying but I just keep applying a clear gloss over them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I've had some success with a top layer of gloss, but not with all brands. Sometimes they go all lumpy, and sadly that was the case with this one ♥

      Delete