Sunday 24 May 2020

REVIEW: Weleda Creamy Body Wash...

If you've been here before you'll be aware that I have a thing about hydrating body washes, and ones that don't contain SLS. It's not that I'm allergic to SLS (fortunately) but ever since I committed to not using any shower products that included this suss ingredient, my bod skin has been a helluva lot smoother and softer, and the little flaky and slightly crusty bits on my arms have disappeared completely. Consequently, I'm forever in search mode for body washes and gels that can maintain the progress I've made, as well as put some moisture back into my skin while I shower (I'm SO lazy with body lotion), in the cooler weather especially. So after falling head over heels for both versions of Skin Food, I decided to give the Weleda Creamy Body Wash a shot to see if it was worthy of joining my collection ...

Weleda Pomegranate & Citrus body washes on a towel with spiky plants

I'm also a scentophile - one of those folks who absolutely MUST have a delicious scent to accompany every step of my body and beauty regime, and Weleda has fabulous fragrances in spades. If you're scent-sensitive though, keep reading as I have something for you too ...

Weleda Citrus Creamy Body Wash

Weleda Citrus Creamy Body wash pictured with a lemon & a lime

I had my fingers crossed that this would have the same refreshing and uplifting lemon fragrance as the Skin Food and can confirm that it does. Oh bliss, oh joy! I usually park my citrusy shower products in the cooler weather, but I'm making an exception for this one as it is just that - exceptional! The formula is as advertised - creamy, and with the inclusion of organic sesame oil (second highest content after water), deliciously hydrating and leaves my skin soft, supple and lightly fragranced. All the cleansing ingredients in this product are plant-based, in fact, the entire formula is 100% natural. It doesn't lather up as much as some others, but the bubbles are super creamy and there is heaps of slip - my washcloth effortlessly glides over my skin with only a very small quantity. LOVE! ...

Weleda Pomegranate Creamy Body Wash

Weleda Pomegranate Creamy Body wash pictured with orange/red autumn leaves

I was expecting this to have a pomegranate scent, but OMG it's something else again - a mix of vanilla, blood orange and sandalwood. It's fantastic! Fruity yes, but also sensual and spicy - I would wear it as a perfume if it was available. I find this formula is slightly more enriching and hydrating than the citrus one - as well as pomegranate seed oil, it has sesame, sunflower and macadamia seed oils, and actually the range is aimed at preventing premature ageing of the skin. Same creamy texture and low lather. LOVE LOVE! ...

Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin Body Wash

Weleda Almond Sensitive Body wash pictured with pale pink petals

Even though I don't have what I would classify as sensitive skin, I bought this one as I find most products designed for skins that irritate easily are invariably super gentle, highly nourishing and contain very little or no scent. Hmm, I think I just described this little darling. The main ingredient is sweet almond oil (also contains shea butter), and while fragrance is listed (from natural essential oils) it's so faint I can barely detect it, even in the heat of the shower. But if I rub a little under my nose I can just make out...almonds. I'll be mixing this with a little of the Pomegranate Body Oil (that I just ordered lol!) to stop me getting bored, but that's just me and my passion for scented products ... 

All 3 Weleda body washes pictured on large green leaves

So there you are lovelies - delighted to have these join my cold-weather collection, and I'll be exploring more from this brand. The Creamy Body Wash also comes in Lavender, Evening Primrose, Wild Rose and Sea Buckthorn varieties, most with matching bath milk, body lotion and hand cream. I bought mine from Nourished Life, but you can also purchase from the Weleda website.  RRP is $19.95 for 200ml - more expensive than supermarket brands, but they are highly concentrated so less is needed, they're free from the usual bad boys, contain 100% certified natural ingredients, and not tested on animals ...

What's your favourite Weleda product?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Oh how awesome. Ive tried the Sea buckthorn body wash and it was lovely. Id love to try all the scents especially the citrus. Weleda have some really lovely products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sea Buckthorn is on my list Fawn. You'd just adore the citrus one - quite possibly the zingiest, zestiest most refreshing body wash ever!♥

      Delete
    2. Oh yummy....That sounds so perfect for me :D Im using the Natio Wellness Body Wash at the moment. That has a very mild scent that I often wish was stronger.

      Delete
  2. I sampled the pomegranate hand cream and it smells delicious, no wonder you fell in love with this range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Raluca, I have SO many hand creams in my drawer otherwise I would buy this one for sure - what a stunning scent it is ♥

      Delete
  3. I'd try the Pomegranate and Citrus. Love a good citrus.

    ReplyDelete