Sunday 10 May 2020

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite March & April 2020 LOTD's...

Sadly I missed the upload boat for the fave March LOTD's. To be honest, when I started working from home, I didn't wear any makeup for the first 10 days (until it hit me how much I missed it!) so there weren't a lot of photos to choose from, soooo...I decided to combine the March and April posts to have as wide a colour and texture range as possible to choose from, so here we go ...


With the start of Autumn, I trotted out some of my precious browns...


1. NYX Slip Tease Lip Lacquer - Shady. These were March's Find Of The Month. For $7 each at Priceline, I couldn't possibly resist - dense, creamy, rich and deliciously moist, my full review of the first six I bought is HERE ...
2. Maybelline Color Sensational - Bean There. Probably one of the last few times you'll see this in a post as I've almost hit pan, and as is often the case with my loves, it's no longer available. Still on the hunt for a replacement - I have quite a few browns in my collection, but they all have a lot of red content, whereas this darling is golden all the way ...
3. Colour by TBN - Mocha-Chino. This range was last year's big discovery at Price Attack. For $3.95 they can't be beat for intensity, packaging, range and comfort. This is such a pretty and soft latte There are two dedicated posts for these babies, HERE & HERE ...
4. L'Oreal Le Rouge Lumiere - Brilliant Brown. This was one I bought from Priceline recently (online) and which I was hoping would be a replacement for the MNY Bean There above. Of course, the trap with buying lipsticks online is that rarely are the website colours accurate, and this one is leaning more towards orange. But I'm glad I indulged as it's totally gorgeous and perfect for this time of year ...




5. NYX Slip Tease Lip Lacquer - Modern Soul. Possibly my most favourite orange of all time. I mean how unusual is it, and so different than anything else I have. I'm totally in love with these lacquers, and because they were (and are still) $7 from Priceline, I figured the range was being discontinued, but they are still listed on the NYX Aussie site, just not these shades, so perhaps they're just doing a colour revamp? Fingers crossed ...
6. Colour by TBN - Why So Orange.  Another amazing orange, and one that will brighten many a dull day in the coming winter - SO vibrant ...
7. Colour by TBN - Roses Are Red. Well now, I could just keep on raving about these lipsticks forever, but how about this red? I reckon it would almost glow in the dark! ...
8. Nutrimetics Silk Creme - Chilli.  Still loving all my Nutrimetics lippies, and Chilli red is another one that will punch a massive hole in the dreary ...



9. Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer - Classic. Sometimes I just need a super-duper glossy OTT out-there red, and when I do, this is the one I reach for. Bought it mid-2018 and there's been no deterioration in the formula or wham-factor ...
10. Colour by TBN- Milkshake. One of the most gorgeous rosy coral pinks ever! ...
11. Antipodes Natural Lipstick - South Pacific Coral.  This was in a gift pack that was sent to me recently, for which I will be eternally grateful  Antipodes lipsticks are so full of goodness, and they never disappoint in comfort, density and moisturising power ...
12. Karen Murrell Natural Lipstick - Blushing Rose. Don't you just love it when companies put out a freebie with a magazine? This was one of three colours that came with the April issue of Marie Claire. I'd been wanting to try at least one from the range for ages, but hadn't gotten around to it. At $29.95 they're not cheap, but who cares when they're riddled with nourishing ingredients that make them so good for girl ...



13. NYX Slip Tease Lip Lacquer - Rosy Outlook. Absolutely nuts about this shade. Have been going through a discovery phase with rose coloured lip products, and delighted with the results, given that I'd always classified this colour family as "doesn't suit me". But this darling has changed all that ...
14. Karen Murrell Natural Lipstick - Bordeaux Rouge. Another from the Marie Claire GWP - perfect winter red, like mulled wine, and my lips drink in all the goodness ...
15. Maybelline Colordrama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Berry Much.  These lip crayons just keep on keeping on - this baby has had many many outings, and more to come. The formula is so comfortable, and these also work brilliantly as lip liners ...
16. NYX Slip Tease Lip Lacquer - Negotiator. Oh oh oh. Haven't lusted after a new purple for ages, but this one has my heart ...

Which ones do you like?

Take care of you, and keep your loved ones safe,
kats xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love Antipodes lipsticks. That South Pacific Coral looks like an awesome shade and not one that I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such a lovely formula hey Fawn - so full of goodness too, and I agree this coral is just plain gorgeous ♥

      Delete
  2. Karen Murrell Natural Lipstick - Bordeaux Rouge. Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer - Classic - so shiny.
    I don't think I can wear NYX Slip Tease Lip Lacquer - Negotiator. I'd come off looking too punk.

    ReplyDelete