Sunday 9 August 2020

REVIEW: Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover & Cleansing Towlettes...

Given the popularity of my Empties posts, I thought I'd do a series of catch-up reviews of the products that I list as "Regulars" - the ones I buy and use over and over because they are just so good, and fulfil my needs perfectly. The plan is that eventually, every item listed as a Regular will be linked to one of my personal reviews here on kats colourings. Some of them were part of my beauty routine even before I started blogging (seven years ago!), so they most certainly deserve a special place in the spotlight. Two that I simply can't do without are Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover and their equally amazing partner product, Makeup Remover Cleansing Towlettes ...


Every now and then I try another brand, but I've not found anything else on the market that is as effective, accessible and bargain-priced as these two beauties...

Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover (112ml, RRP $10.89)


Truly my one and only, and if you wear waterproof mascara, this is the one to beat. My eyes water at the drop of a hat so I'm particular about the products I use, and this formula gives me no grief whatsoever. It's gentle, yet extraordinarily effective and has very little scent. I give the bottle a shake, tip a small quantity onto a cotton pad, hold it over my eyes for about five seconds, and then swipe across my lashes and lid. No need to rub - just a few light-handed strokes and every trace of waterproof eye makeup is history. I do the same on my brows, and it's just as easy to remove long-wear lipstick and lip stains in a flash, with no stinging or irritation. Definitely a kats hero product ...


Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towlettes (Pack of 25, RRP $7.99)

Interestingly I rarely use these on my face, but on the odd occasion when it's very late or I don't feel like getting my face wet, they're my go-to for taking off every bit of slap. They're lovely and moist, super-soft and have a delicate yet refreshing floral scent. However, their primary use in my kit is to clean my brushes every day. Sure, I have one of those devices that swirls the brushes in liquid and spins them dry, but I only use that sparingly as I find getting the brushes even slightly wet reduces their lifespan. So I take one of these wipes, fold it a few times, then swish the brush across it from side to side until the cloth is clean, and wipe off any residue on a towel. Eye shadow, blush, foundation, lip-liner, brow brush - any and all of them get a going over every day. I've been doing this for years, and there's been no detrimental effect on any of my brushes, and it feels good to start each day with clean tools. Incidentally, I also use these to clean my benchtop - better than any of those spray-and-wipe formulas, and they even take off the remains of the sticky tape that retailers sometimes annoyingly wrap around lipstick cases to stop customers using them as testers. In summary, an all-round fabulous multi-tasking product ...  

So now you know some of my secrets lol! Both these awesome products are available from supermarkets and Priceline, and regularly on sale - I highly recommend stocking up whenever possible, although even at full price, I reckon they are bargains ...

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried any of the Neutrogena make up removers yet but I may possibly have one in my ever growing stash of beauty products.

    ReplyDelete