Saturday 1 August 2020

REVIEW:Makeup Revolution Precious Stone - Emerald Eyeshadow Palette...

I bought this fabulous Makeup Revolution Precious Stone - Emerald eyeshadow palette in October last year, and have only just started using it in the last few weeks. Until now, all I've done is look at it - how hopeless am I? Couldn't bear to muck it all up lol. It's not the first time that's happened of course, and I figured I would never EVER use it unless I reviewed it, because to review it I have to swatch the pans, and well, then after that it's no longer pristine and I can get on with experimenting with all the stunning colours and finishes it contains, so here she is ...

Lid of the Revolution Precious Stone Emerald palette

My eyeshadow palette purchasing frequency has reduced dramatically since I stopped photographing my eye looks a couple of years ago (too old and wrinkly now). I most certainly haven't lost interest though - I wear eyeshadow every day and I still have a stack of palettes, even after a cull of the really old ones. Around that same time, I decided to direct my beauty investments into skincare, haircare, lipsticks and fragrances, and that's what I've been doing. But then I saw this in Priceline and fell head over heels for the shades and textures in this glorious palette, and I just had to have it ...

All the pans inside the palette - 20 shades


Under the sparkly teal lid, there's a full-size mirror and 20 pans set into a luxurious shiny gold base - a mix of matte, shimmers and even a couple of glittery ones for those days when I'm feeling particularly brave. I bought it mainly because of the six greens - two stunning emeralds and four mossy olivey shades, but there are some gorgeous pinks, mauves, taupes, blues and purples as well as some pale ones for highlighting ...

Inside of the palette taken at an angle from the right-hand side

Overall the range of shades is right up my alley, and apart from a couple of neutrals that probably won't get used all that much, they are all colours I will wear on a regular basis. The mattes are well pigmented and blend nicely, the shimmers are intense and creamy and glide on like butter, and the ones I thought would be really glittery aren't over the top at all - just a gorgeous extra sparkle that even I can wear daily. You have to admit, she's divine from any angle ...

Inside of the palette taken at an angle from the left-hand side

But enough of the chatter, let's get on with the swatches...

Swatches of the top row - Chromatic, Paradise, Funfair, Moss, Sorrel, Kyoto & Royal

This top row contains all mattes, all stunning colours, and how about that Royal one at the end - it swatches with more green content than it looks in the pan - in fact, it's a marine explosion! ...


Swatches of the middle row - Copper, Azure, Bohemia, Indigo, Primitive, Vivid

The middle row has the extra shimmery/sparkly ones - Primitive has a gold reflect, and I thought that Azure was metallic grey but it has quite a lot of lichen green in it.  These are all faves, but I've been wearing Vivid the most ...


Swatches of the bottom row  - Astral, Fern, Firework, Lunar, Gem, Heaven, Majestic

And the bottom row is a mix of slight shimmers and mattes. To be honest, I bought this palette based on Majestic - that truly awesome emerald is the one that blew my mind when I spotted it, but every other colour is a winner, and I adore them all ...

In summary, it's a rare thing to find a palette with no duds, but this is it. Can't recommend it highly enough - there are so many different finishes and the selection of shades makes it ultra-versatile. And gals, it's on special at Priceline right now for $15 - get it while you can! ...

Take care of you, and keep safe
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. I was eyeing this one during Holiday period, but decided not to pull the trigger as it reminded me of their sister brand I Heart Revolution Avocado palette. That one is more warm-tone though. This looks like it's older grungy sister - lovely color story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look out for the Avocado palette hon - thanks, anything with greens in it I'll probably fall in love with it ♥

      Delete
  2. Oh Kats....those colours are just so beautiful. I love the green shades which would look awesome on you. I feel greens look great on me also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beaut collection of shades hey Fawn - I'm thrilled they made one focusing on this super special colour ♥

      Delete
  3. Some of the mattes look like they have a metallic sheen to them. I'm still trying to get through my stash and trying not to buy any new palettes. My last eyeshadow buy was a models prefer (a bit of a fail IMO).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just the lighting Okatko - the mattes are all true mattes but there are a few that are in between a matte and a shimmer. I rarely finish off a palette - I've just binned quite a few that were at least 5 years old! ♥

      Delete