Sunday 14 February 2021

REVIEW: Urban Rituelle Hydrating Face Cleanser & Hydrating Face Balm...

My skin's love affair (skomance?) with the new Natural Remedy range from Urban Rituelle continues. I've been using their Hydrating Face Cleanser and Hydrating Face Balm for a few weeks now, and my skin doesn't want me to stop any time soon! Jam-packed with naturally derived and organic ingredients, they're not only keeping my skin clean, supple and hydrated but also delivering a delight for the senses throughout my evening ritual - when something smells as fantastic as it looks and feels, it's a winner in my beauty book...


Mandarin, Lime & Neroli Hydrating Face Cleanser (100ml, RRP $25.95)


Oh wow - I think I just found my new summer cleanser! This is a clear golden gel that lightly foams and gently (but thoroughly) removes all traces of makeup (including long-wear foundation), while at the same time providing an instantaneous aromatherapy session  Fruit gel cleansers are my favourite in the warmer weather and as soon as this hits my face I can smell the zing of freshly squeezed limes and mandarins - I swear it's the real deal! SO refreshing at the end of any day, but especially a hot and sticky one. The ingredients list reads like a who's who of the botanical world - Aloe Vera, Camellia Seed Oil, Hibiscus Flower, Ginkgo Biloba, Seaweed Extract and Kakadu Plum. Not the slightest bit irritating or drying, this cleanser is an absolute delight, and one I will definitely continue to use ...

Incidentally, when I opened the parcel, I thought the Body Wash or the Face Scrub were sure bets to be my pick of the bunch from this range - it turns out that all three of the ones I've reviewed so far score equal passion points. But wait...there's more ...

Mandarin, Lime & Neroli Hydrating Face Balm (200ml, RRP $34.95)


Well now, this is an interesting one. I don't believe I've ever tried a face balm before, and so I wasn't quite sure how this would pan out - I mean it's not a day cream or a night cream, which is what I'm used to. Anyways, because it doesn't contain sunscreen I thought I'd start by trying it at night - I can assure you that any doubts I might have had about its potency or suitability for my mature skin went out the window on morning one. My skin felt incredibly soft, plump, supple yet firm, and not a hint of dryness or any skerrick of excess oil either. This is a BEAUTIFUL moisturiser, surprisingly enriching, yet light and rapidly absorbed. Whoever develops these products at Urban Rituelle has done their homework and come up with a brilliantly balanced formula that seems to provide everything my skin needs to feed on overnight. Two tiny pumps of this thickish white cream are all I need to massage an instant glow into my face, neck and decolletage, and I'm still glowing when I wake up ...

I'm delighted that the fragrance is similar to the cleanser - that fabulously uplifting lime/mandarin combo, I swear it makes me feel energised and happy. Some of the ingredients are common too - Kakadu Plum, Aloe Vera & Hibiscus Flower, and there's also Shea Butter, Sweeet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil and Avocado Oil. Actually, according to the box, 84% of the ingredients are organic, which is possibly why this feels so soothing. Calling it a Hydrating Face Balm was genius - what lip balm does for my pucker, this formula works the same wonder for my face ...

So lovelies, another two winners from this range - there are two more products from the parcel for me to review (soon), and the Mandarin Lip Balm and Hand Cream are absolute dead certs to be in my next UR order ... 

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

2 comments:

  1. I find anything citrus-smelling to be refreshing in the morning - especially in summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto misfortune8 - all zingy and crisp, this gets me in the best mood to complete my skincare routine thoroughly, and without rushing. I also love that there's minimal suds, yet it leaves my skin feeling so clean ♥

      Delete