Sunday 23 May 2021

REVIEW: Judith Leiber Topaz EDP...

The addition of a Judith Leiber perfume to my collection is literally a dream come true. She's the lady who makes all those stunning bejewelled clutches you see accessorising the stars at the Academy Awards, and I've been wanting one of her fragrances for at least 10 years - but at $120 a pop (and hard to find), I could never justify the outlay. That was until last December when Feeling Sexy had Topaz in stock and on special for $64.95, and at that price, I couldn't justify NOT buying it, especially as of the three I was lusting after (Amethyst & Exotic Coral are the other two), Topaz was a sure bet to be the one I would love the most considering its high wood content ...


Just look at that bottle - it's absolutely exquisite  The gems on the cap and centre base of the bottle were what piqued my interest in this set all those years ago - I'm totally obsessed with bling (oh really?) and this would have to be one of the most glam flacons on my shelf. The glass is thick and solid and tinted roughly the same pale amber as the gems, which means that the fluid is a deeper shade of amber. In the pic below you can see the inside of the box has a cutout base (a throne!) to hold the bottle securely in place, and the top of the box also fits snugly to protect the precious contents during transit...


And what of the fragrance? Oh my gosh - it's divine of course! I can't believe it's been sitting in its box at the back of my cabinet for five months - well actually I have amazing self-control in some areas (and absolutely NONE in others ha ha) and stashing a fragrance until the right time of the year is something I've practised religiously, and I wasn't about to spoil my pre-winter pleasure by getting stuck into this precious gem before the cooler weather hit. But it's here now and at last, I can indulge my passion for this golden elixir ...


The opening notes are quite fruity and fresh, thanks to black currant, bergamot, mango and kiwi fruit. The fruit actually holds its own right to the very end, but the heart and base are what sends my pulses racing. There's jasmine, frankincense, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, violet leaf, rose and myrrh to create a warm and exotic caress, and the base intensifies the mystery with a sexy and smoky blend of musk, patchouli, guaiac wood, vanilla, cedar, oud and sandalwood. Holey guacemoley, I think I have a new winter signature scent! It's just SO classy, sensuous, elegant and unique, and lasts on my skin for around six hours - an absolute gem, the contents are a perfect match for the packaging ... 


The good news is that this amber elixir is still available from Feeling Sexy for $69.95, and given how long I waited to embrace this jewel (and given I spritz it every night before retiring), I'll be securing another bottle stat. If you love woody orientals with a touch of fruit and flowers, then you won't be disappointed. Sigh...I'm besotted ...

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of Judith Leiber, but I can see how the bottle resembles a clutch bag - how gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review Kats and what an absolutely stunning bottle. People collect perfume bottles and I'm sure some would be drooling over this stunna. You have good self control, there's no way I could wait 5 months to start using this after dreaming about it for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....even the bottle looks Lux.
    Im being so good with my perfumes. Im down to 5 that I have to finish now before im allowing myself to open new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shop A Everyday24 May 2021 at 11:01

    Sounds like the perfect oerfume for you !! The bottle is just glam too and looks stunning. Great price too if you grab another bottle. Have a gorgeous day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think I would love this perfume, too, it sounds so good! I love the look of the bottle, you photographed it beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous, I am curious how and I would like to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it smells looks great. Judith Leiber is new to me I wonder what's really in that perfume. the bottle makes you feel rich.

    ReplyDelete