Monday 22 June 2015

EOTD & REVIEW: Makeup Revolution Give Them Nightmares Palette...

Do you love deep broody shadows, ones that are sensationally pigmented, blend like a dream, and have a particular passion for greens, blues, purples and blacks? Then have I got a palette for you! This is the Makeup Revolution Give Them Nightmares 18 Exclusive Eyeshadow Palette - hang onto your hat...


This is the most fabulous collection of 12 shimmers and 8 mattes, and I swear it's to die for This cost me the princely sum of A$11.68 (not including a portion of the $15.50 shipping for a large order) and I'm head over heels in love. It's a total hoot as well, with names like Pretty Zombie, Friday 13th, Elm St, The Hunger, Boo etc. I've been searching for a palette like this for many many moons, and I have the gorgeous IndieAna to thank for bringing this company to my attention - thank you sweetheart!


The bottom row are flat mattes, and there's a couple of semis (the blues in the top row) but the rest are all creamy, buttery shimmers. Only one leaves a helluva lot to be desired - the bright pinky purple 2nd from right in the bottom row - the surface was rock hard and I had to scrape it with a nail file in order to pick up anything on my finger for the swatch. Such a damn shame because it's such a sensational colour...but, the rest of the pans make up for this dud, they are truly amazing...


For this EOTD I used the 2nd purple (I Am Watching You) and the far right green (Wicked) in the middle row, over a base of essence Samba Green kajal, with Chi Chi Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Caribbean Queen on the waterline...


And here are the labels - the white one that you can't quite read is White Noise...


And here's my Nightmare face lol - foundation is Mirenesse Velvet Maxi Lift (brilliant coverage), cheeks are bhcosmetics blush in Iris, and lips are Maybelline ColorSensational Fatal Red...


Expect to see quite a few more looks from this palette, in fact a whole lot more - these colours are PERFECT for Winter, and there's even a few I'll be playing with in the warmer weather - LOVE IT!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous palette! This purple & green are so vivid & they go so well together. Vampy winter look ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it something neurotic? For the look I created today, I only used a UD primer underneath, no coloured base, and the pigmentation was astonishing!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a stunning palette! Wow that pigmentation! Love the look you've created here :) did you order off their website? I've been wanting to try them out for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah honey it's truly fabulous, and yes I ordered from their website, everything arrived in perfect condition - you should definitely give them a shot. I have another palette I haven't swatched yet - it's just a gorgeous, but much lighter colours, Mermaids vs Unicorns ♥

      Delete
  3. Oh my....the colours are amazing. What an amazing palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So beautiful Fawn and so cheap - can't believe the colour payoff, and there's very little fallout too ♥

      Delete
  4. This smoky look is stunning on you! I might have to grab this palette myself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie Indie Indie - you MUST! It's just gorgeous, I think it's the one I love the most in my collection, second only to Dark Rose - will be reviewing that hopefully later in the week, thank you again my darling friend!

      Delete
  5. Wow, what fabulous colours! I love the way you are so bold with colour...great post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sophisticated Mumma - I wasn't bold at all in my youth, it's only a relatively recent development. Nice to see you here...

      Delete
  6. Great review - I have a lot of the Salvations Palettes but I didn't order this one - and now I wish I had! You created a stunning look here. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much megan - I'm literally brand new to the range of Makeup Revolution products, but I'm pretty darn impressed so far. I also have the Mermaids Vs Unicorns one but I haven't gotten round to swatching it yet - something to look forward to ha ha. Thanks for visiting hon ♥

      Delete