Monday 25 July 2016

SPOTLIGHT: Lip Monthly Subscription...

I'm ALWAYS excited when I discover one of those little "...you have a parcel..." cards in my letterbox, but the one I found on Tuesday had me puzzled as well. I wasn't waiting on any orders that I could remember, so I was intrigued by this distinctive shiny gold padded bag from the US. But it turned out to be my very first Lip Monthly pack! (Don't you just love it when you completely forget about something, and then it shows up out of the blue?). I subscribed several months ago after reading all about it over at the beautiful Barbe's brilliant Fashionista in Suburbia blog (thanks babe!). How it works is magically described in Barbe's post (link above), along with reviews of three of the bags, including this one. I'm super impressed with the value, and if you fancy joining up for US$12.95 a month (shipping is free), be sure to use her code (FASHINSUB) ...


So onto the contents - all full-sized products, three for lips and one for face. The pack contains a cute little card listing the contents, along with the RRP of each item. None of these goodies are currently available in Oz, but that doesn't bother me as there's always somewhere online that sells anything and everything hey. Lip Monthly says this pack has a retail value of US$68.95 - awesome!

Two of the colours I received were different to Barbe's pack, and here's my absolute FAVE - Dirty Little Secret Vengeance. The most gorgeous GORGEOUS blue pink, and right up my lip-colour alley. Stunning pigmentation, creamy, moist and an absolute pleasure to wear ...



Next is the Manna Liplocked Priming Gloss Stain in the shade Lucky - a super pretty pinky nude "with benefits". Again, excellent pigmentation, not the least bit sticky, and it lasts a good few hours - love this...


It does turn out a fair bit paler on my lips, but has enough colour for me to get away with it, plus it doesn't streak AT ALL - very little effort is required to create a smooth, glossy finish...



My Jello Shot Rosy Cheek & Lip Gel is the same shade as Barbe's - Hangover. The beauty of this stain is that it's different on everyone, depending on your body temperature. The lasting power is incredible - I swatched it last night on the back of my hand, and it's still there!...


As you can see from the pic, this is of little value to me on it's own as my lips are RIDDLED with imperfections, but it's staining quality is a winner as far as an "underlay" is concerned - it's a pretty shade, and given I haven't as yet found a way to remove it (!), this does at least give my blotchy lips some pigmentation, which is a bonus when my lippie wears off. I could also use it as a cheek stain, but interestingly it comes out Barbie pink on the rest of my face. Actually, I've never been a fan of cheek stains as they require such precision to apply evenly, but I'll sure make use of this on my pout...



The Jor'El Parker Fango Mud Therapy is one of the best masks I've ever tried. I gave up cream types a while back in favour of the sheet variety, mainly because the tube/tub ones are just so darn messy. But this organic beauty only stays on for 5 minutes, so I applied it while I prepared for my shower. Given the somewhat frightening picture below, I'd recommend remaining in the bathroom throughout the process - my cat would never forgive me if I wandered around looking like this! Ingredients include Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Green Tea Antioxidants and Volcanic Ash Minerals, it's 100% vegan, it's not tested on animals, and it smells DIVINE. My skin was incredibly soft, refreshed, toned and becalmed once I rinsed this green goop off. Totally hooked! 


All up I'm loving everything about this new subscription, and can't wait for the next gleaming gold pack to arrive 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

Linking this to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party - starts at 6:30am, and you won't be disappointed. The standard of blog articles you'll find there each week is top class ...

28 comments:

  1. I don't usually like to try colour cosmetics without swatching personally, but I'm intrigued by that Jello Shot lip stain. I like lip colour to LAST! Love the mask pic - good onya Kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same usually neurotic, but I'm intrigued by this subscription - I'm looking forward to expanding my lippie horizons ha ha! The mask is SO GREEN, will have to remember this for St. Patrick's day lol ♥

      Delete
  2. KAT! I am so glad you liked your pack this month! June is pretty amazing too! And I haven't tried the mask but i will tonight xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved it Barbe, and so delighted to have a somewhat regular supply of unknown brands. Champing at the bit to get the next one - thanks again for putting me onto this little journey of discovery xxx

      Delete
  3. Lip Monthly sounds like it was made for you, Kat! Like the look of that Manna liquid lippy. I usually go for mattes but this looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Beth, I tell you what, I need more lip products like I need a hole in the head, but I'm addicted, so I may as well try some new brands hey! x♥x

      Delete
  4. Love the name 'Jello Shot' and the Dirty Little Secret lippie is so vibrant. What a great value subscription!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good value Di - some of Barbe's earlier packs weren't of such a high value, but I'm loving the idea that it's all going to arrive every month, and I don't have to lift a finger lol xxx

      Delete
  5. What a great bag and contents.. looks right up your alley! I've heard of it before and it's a great price too but you know me.. i only look good in nudes at this point. If only this bag was around when I was 17! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree entirely Amy - gee, when I was 17, we didn't even have computers, let alone subscription bags! Glad I'm still young-at-heart enough to enjoy them ♥♥♥

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of any of those brands. Good to see a box not just recycling the biggest brands all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Alinta! Yes I'm loving the idea of discovering a whole new world of makeup brands xxx

      Delete
  7. That is an awesome subscription box! I can't believe you get all full sized products for only $12.95USD with free shipping! I love the look of Manna Liplocked Priming Gloss Stain 'Lucky' such a pretty colour! I think I will definitely have to try this out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how they do it, but it's for real Marisa - I figured there must be a catch, but there isn't one! This first bag was free too ♥

      Delete
  8. Looks like a fantastic subscription box! Loving the range of colours in the lip products you received. It's also nice that they mix it up by including one face product. That organic mud mask sounds fantastic, it's right up my alley with those lovely natural ingredients ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Bella I thought of you when I read the label - absolutely your thing hon, it smells SO good too xxx

      Delete
  9. Kats you crack me up! My dog doesn't like it when I walk around with a mask on either! The first time I did it, he wouldn't stop barking at me lol All these products look great on you, even the mask ;) And the mask is Organic! Right up my aisle :) Great post. Tal xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Tal, aren't they so cute how they react - white ones aren't quite so bad, and I can get away with the oatmeal kind, but this is very very green, so I'm not even going to try my luck. It's chock full of goodness my dear - can't imagine anyone not loving it ♥

      Delete
  10. This is such a great value beauty subscription. I like the idea of receiving a handful of lip products in shades not chosen by me as it would make me step out of my comfort zone and away from the shades I normally wear to try some more variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Ingrid - I'm sure you'd find a home for anything that was truly unsuitable. I remember Barbe saying that she's received mostly pink products, but it's such a great deal xxx

      Delete
  11. Oh I love the sound of jello shot!!! and the fact the colour is different due to temperature. How cool!

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting hey Lily - I'm keen to see what colour it turns out in the hot weather! xxx

      Delete
  12. These look like amazing goodies! The Dirty Little Secret and Manna lippies are my favourites.

    You are such a cutie, haha, love the photo of you wearing the mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya babe! You're so kind hon - ermmm it was the best of 53 photos! Can't believe I took so many - at least it hides my eye bags lol ♥♥♥

      Delete
  13. I quite like the jello shot stain on you. Wow, that mask sounds flipping amazing. I haven't tried mine yet, so it sounds like it is time to whip it out and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh do let me know what you think Mel - I'm doing round 2 tomorrow morning xxx

      Delete
  14. I think you over did the green tinted moisturiser :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - you crack me up Fawn! Yes ma'am kind of taking colour correction to an extreme ♥♥♥

      Delete