Tuesday 31 January 2017

SPOTLIGHT: Last Quarter 2016 Fave LOTD's - Corals, Mauves & Pinks...

Selecting my faves from these colour families was exceptionally difficult. Being the Spring season, I hammered these hues big time in October, November & December, and there were so many to choose from it was quite a challenge. But got there I did, so here we go with the CoralsMauves & Pinks ...



Love me a good coral, and this NYX Life's a Beach is a super pretty one - slightly more pink than orange, and the formula is long wearing and reasonably comfortable. The Ibiza one has more pink content, but it's still a coral in my book. Just for the record, I prefer the formula of the Liquid Suedes to the Soft Mattes ...



And a couple of the orangey corals - I do so love how this shade is such a clever bridge between two colours. The L'Oreal Always Apricot is a delightfully creamy formula, and the Barry M one is slightly drier, but still up there with the comfort factor. Slightly less vibrant but equally lovely (pardon the grimace) ...



Well now I didn't wear too many mauves in the last three month period, but this Rimmel Vintage Pink is the closest I could get. I've included two iterations of this gorgeous lipstick - for the pic on the right, I used a deeper and pinker lip liner, whereas the first one was pretty much a perfect match (which is always my aim when doing these swatches). SO moisturising! ...



Moving onto the real pinks, I just had to include this W7 Red Tulip because it's so darn pretty, and the BarryM one is here because I adore the vibrancy of the extra blue content, and I've only just now really discovered this brand - excellent quality and value from BigW ...



Ok so I might just have to declare this Revlon Obsession as my numero uno ruby hot pink. Utterly divine! Mind you the Mirenesse Lip Bomb is a close second - a tad less blue content, but equally dazzling ...



And here are what I call the Spring pinks - loud, but with a certain softness that makes them wearable with just about anything, and by anyone. The Ulta 3 Lilac Glow has been a fave for over 12 months now, but I've no idea what possessed NYC to call this stunner on the right Funnel Delight - I mean really, what's the connection between glossy pink and funnels lol? The Intense Butter Gloss is my all time favourite NYX lip formula - talk about a lip quencher, not a snowball's chance in hell of your lips ever drying out with this enriching slicker ...



And last but not least, the shocking pinks - the W7 Sex Bomb is a Liptember special, and such an amazing deal for around $7 plus supporting women's mental health research, but the most unbeatable value of them all (and a regular candidate in my fave posts) is the boe beauty Shocking Matte Pink - absolutely stunning, and for only $2. $2!!!!!! ...

Next up will be the reds, so pop in again soon won't you ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. All these lipsticks are beautiful. I wanted to mention which ones exactly but when i was scrolling down I realized that I would've written all of them. :D Kat, you have amazing lip swatches.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle you really are so kind - so happy you like these ones hon, I'm a total sucker when it comes to pinks lol ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. So many lovely lip shades here Kats! I'm loving the Life's A Beach coral shade the most ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous shade hey babe - so many of my corals have quite a lot of pink in them, but this one has the perfect balance ♥♥♥

      Delete