Saturday 18 August 2018

REVIEW: nc Nutrimetics Extreme Volume Mascara...

Don't you just love the magic of mascara? It's something I can't live without, and which I wear almost every day of the week. I can spend anywhere up to 45 minutes doing my face, lip and eye makeup, but it's not complete until I stroke on a couple of coats of mascara. Just like a spritz of perfume, it's the finishing touch, the icing on my face-cake so to speak  Mind you, one that clumps and flakes can make all that effort for nought, so this post is all about a couple of beauties from Nutrimetics that will give you whatever nature didn't, and without smudging, smearing, flaking or gluing your precious lashes together  - nc Extreme Volume Mascara...


These are new releases from Nutrimetics, and I was kindly sent both the regular and waterproof varieties to road-test. The presentation is an elegant and classy fat black tube with silver labelling, and both formulas contain Jojoba to strengthen, hydrate and nourish the lashes. The standard one has a curved wand with a bristle brush that tapers at the tip. This is my favourite kind of mascara applicator as my lashes are sparse and I find that bristles provide a far more effective coating while keeping the hairs separated. I've mentioned on numerous occasions that I don't use non-waterproof mascara because my eyes water so much, but I had no problems whatsoever with this formula - my lashes looked lush, long and vampily black, there was no under-eye smearing, and the curl lasted all day  Winner!


The waterproof formula is just as lash-loving as the plain one. Incidentally, neither of these mascaras have a yucky chemical smell - what there is is very faint and not at all unpleasant. This applicator wand differs in that it has plastic spikes rather than bristles. It didn't give me as much separation as the bristles, but still quadrupled the appearance of my barely-there's, and didn't budge until I removed it with waterproof eye makeup remover at the end of the day. I was pleasantly surprised to find it took less product and less time to take it off than my usual brand, and interestingly with either formula, my lashes feel silky soft and flexible, regardless of how many coats I apply, which means there's far less chance of breakage ...


Here's a pic of both formulas in action - I used the regular one (with the bristle wand) as a base coat and then topped it with the waterproof one. I love how my lashes feel so soft and look natural, and yet the intensity of the black cream gives my eyes all the definition they need ...


All up I'm impressed with both of these mascaras, and after using them daily for the last month, my lashes seem to be in a lot better condition than usual ...


Well done Nutrimetics! I have volume, length and curl, and it feels like I'm not wearing mascara at all. The nc Extreme Volume Mascara is ophthalmologically tested, retails for $38, and can be purchased from their website. All Nutrimetics purchases are covered by a 60-day Money Back Guarantee, and yay, they don't test on animals ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. My lashes are short and stubby and blonde so mascara is a must for me. Ive still not found my perfect mascara. I love the 60 day money back guarantee with these products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Fawn - me too! With no brows to speak of either, I'm dependent on makeup to reverse the alien-effect ha ha. I haven't ever had to take advantage of the guarantee, but I'm impressed that Nutrimetics offer it xxx

      Delete
  2. I’ve still got the mascara that you added as an extra in my prize pack that I won a couple of months ago to try and then I finally got my hands on some Essence false lash effect mascara so I can’t wait to try them out. I’m still using a covergirl that I’m not a fan of but can’t ditch yet. I have this allergy to throwing things out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Oktatko, I have the same allergy - can't bear wasting anything, unless of course it gives me grief, but even then I try and think of another way to use it xxx

      Delete
  3. Great reviews, kat! I favour waterproof mascaras too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't be beat hey misfortune8. Incidentally my blog notification has been broken for 3 months, so sorry if I've not responded to any of your comments. Finally got it working again yesterday but I may have missed some ♥

      Delete