Sunday 4 November 2018

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite September 2018 LOTD's...

Gee, tough decisions for the selection of my fave September LOTD's. The gorgeous Barbe from Fashionista In Suburbia had an Instagram #7Lippies7days Challenge, and I couldn't resist entering multiple times ♥ The requirement was for different colour families or textures every day, and I took the opportunity to rediscover some beauties that I haven't touched in almost 2 years...


Of course, there are some all-time loves and repeaters here too, but I selected 18 from the BIG bunch which I hope you'll like, so here we go ...


1. Hikari Matte Lip Gloss - Metro. How's this for a pretty nude? One that I can actually wear successfully, and without looking anaemic. The formula is amazing - long wearing and supremely comfortable. Came in a LipMonthly bag ...
2. L'Oreal Color Riche - Cristal Cappuccino. Gorgeous reddish brown, THE shade for autumn, I've had this for yonks and it's still keeping my lips lush and supple ... 
3. Nude by Nature Moisture Shine - Garnet. The first of three lipsticks called "Garnet" on this page, and they're all vastly different colours! I swatched this one again just the other day as it's actually more intense than it appears here - I used a pale nude lipliner underneath for this pic, but have since found another one that's closer to the shade and supports the colour rather than watering it down. It's really quite beautiful, and the formula of these NBN lippies is magical, hope they bring out HEAPS more colours (hint, hint) ...



4. Ulta3 - Sweet Passion. Absolutely adore this lippie - one of very few in my kit that's leaning more to yellow/orange than red/orange, and a far better match for some of my wardrobe oranges. It's rich and dense and has a slightly frosted finish, which I think is ever so flattering for us older chooks ...
5. Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid - Orange Shot. A blast from the past and I'm bamboozled as to why I've neglected these for so long - fabulous formula, fabulous pigment, so comfortable to wear all day without flaking or becoming scruffy-looking ...
6. Maybelline Color Sensational - Fatal Red.  Always a favourite, so vivid and creamy, a true fire engine red - phwoarrrrr ...


7. Bourjois Rouge Edition 12 Hours - Red-Belle. This was a gift from a darling colleague on my last day at work  It doesn't actually last 12 hours, but pretty close, and despite being a long-wear, it's entirely lip-friendly. Love you Bourjois ...
8. L'Oreal Color Riche Moisture Matte - Bloody Mary. This is her fifth appearance in my LOTD posts, which pretty much says it all. Pass me the vodka ...
9. Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer - Carnelian. We're gonna go back, WAY back...to 2015 when I bought these! Oh my, doesn't time fly when you have too many lip products? Still as gorgeous as ever, smells delish, slicks on like a dream - unbelievable ...



10. Nutrimetics nc Hydra Brilliance - Garnet. Another one that gets featured regularly in these posts -  review HERE, love everything about it, and this to me is "garnet"! ...
11. Nude by Nature Moisture Shine - Deep Plum.  The second fave from the new releases by NBN, and a shade that's right up my alley - more please! ...
12. Covergirl Colorlicious - Ravish Raspberry. Had this one a while too, but it's still available from Priceline. The shade and texture is as delicious as the name ...



13. Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer - Garnet. Yep, I sure dug deep into my collection, but I'm so glad because I've fallen in love with these all over again - such a beaut shade for spring, and hooray that gloss is making a comeback ...
14. W7 Liptember Lipstick - Raspberry Ripple. What would September be without a Liptember lippie hey? Quite possibly my favourite from the range, there's that slightly frosty shimmer again that I love, but not so much that it's dated ...
15. NYX Cosmic Metals Liquid - Fuchsia Fusion. You've heard me go on about this range many times, and my passion for this electric pink will never ever fade ...



16. Dirty Little Secret - Vengeance. Oh my, what a divinely soft yet statement pink. I've discovered some gems via LipMonthly, and this is one that's dear to my heart. I have a couple from this brand - the formula is lovely and moist, needs to be reapplied fairly regularly, but it does leave a decent stain to keep you going ...
17. City Color Creamy Lips - Blackberry Mojito. What an utterly stunning purple - massive applause as they totally nailed this berry shade. It sure is creamy, needs only a very thin swipe to look this intense, and even the name gets my mouth watering ...
18. Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink - Creator. Pretty much the ultimate purple liquid lippie - lasts all day ...

Any here you like, or you think might suit you?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to win one of your comps a few weeks back and you sent me the Nutrimetics lippy in Garnet. I love it. Not only the shade but the texture of the lipsticks and the packaging. I love how the lid clicks into place and is safe and secure if it was to be rolling about in my handbag or makeup purse. Once again...thank you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fawn, I'm SO glad you like the Nutrimetics Garnet! It was love at first slick for me - the formula is so lip-loving, and the packaging is both classy and practical ♥

      Delete
  2. Hi Kats! Im really liking the Hikari shade. It is a nice nude. Im glad youve given feedback for the Maybelline matte ink one. Ive been umming about this one. Since it really does last, I think Ill give it a try. Thanks for your reviews! :) Freaky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hikari is lovely hey Freaky - nudes and me are often an epic fail but this one makes the cut and it's a brilliant formula too. I haven't tried any of the other MNY Matte Ink shades as yet, but some of my blogger gal pals have all heaped the same praise on the nude colours xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Kats. I’m loving your reds. Especially Bloody Mary. Dirty Little Secrets Vengeance and City Color Creamy Lips Blackberry Mojito is also quite appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All fabulous picks Okatko! I'm so tempted to wear the Blackberry Mojito every second day lol xxx

      Delete