Thursday 27 June 2019

REVIEW: Maybelline Colorsensational Made For All Lipsticks...

As a beauty blogger, one of the potential perks is the approach from brands to add us to their "PR list". Which usually means that whenever a company is releasing a new range, there's a pretty strong likelihood that a box will arrive in the post containing the said goodies, to be reviewed on the blog and promoted via other social media. I've only been contacted a couple of times since I started my blog back in 2013, which is understandable as I have a somewhat small (but faithful ) audience, and I absolutely REFUSE to buy Instagram followers. But, good things come to those who wait, and just the other day Maybelline invited me to join their list (yasss!), and to my absolute delight, this beautiful (and 100% recyclable) box of the latest Colorsensational Made For All Lipsticks landed on my doorstep on Monday ...

PR Box of lipsticks

Regular readers will know of my passion for Maybelline makeup, and the fact that quite a few from their range repeatedly appear in my Empties posts (e.g. Master Precise Liquid Liner, Total Temptation Brow Definer, Volume Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara), and my Monthly LOTD collages are riddled with their lip products. Consequently, it probably goes without saying that I am deliriously happy to have been selected, so a gazillion thankyous Maybelline, and let's get on with reviewing and swatching these luscious lippies, in numerical order...

Lipstick bullets with caps off

Before I start, the strategy behind this release was to create a range of universal lipstick shades that would suit anyone, regardless of the colour of their skin. According to the brochure that came with the pack, the six shades were tested on 50 different skin tones, and below is the photo of all of their fabulous faces...

Faces of 50 women with different skin tones

Was Maybelline successful? Hard for me to say as I have what I would call a fairly neutral skin tone (perhaps leaning slightly towards warmish) and I seem to be able to wear most colours. But what I can say is that all of these lipstick shades suit ME to a T ...

Mauve For Me (373)

Lips wearing Maybelline Mauve For Me

This one I already had - it was kindly sent to me by Beautyheaven to trial, along with Fuchsia For Me. Gorgeous, GORGEOUS deep nude verging on terracotta, incredibly flattering, and something I will wear over and over again. The formula is creamy, moist and has a satin finish. Actually, they're all satin except for Red For Me which is matte. I have to reapply after eating, but I expect that with a super moist formula, and I don't give a hoot about longevity if a lippie is supremely comfortable to wear and I adore the colour, and both boxes are certainly ticked with this darling ...

Pink For Me (376)

Lips wearing Maybelline Pink For Me

Who doesn't love or need a dusty pink in their collection? Soft and understated, yet with enough oomph even for a bold lippie lover like me. I have quite a few muted pink items in my wardrobe, and this pretty baby matches them perfectly. Actually, I can see it complementing all sorts of outfits, plus it's the kind of shade I can wear all year round ...

Fuchsia For Me (379)

Lips wearing Maybelline Fuchsia For Me

What a stunning colour. I have a few other fuchsias in my collection, all different, although some are closer to what I would call hot pink. To me, fuchsia should have more red content than blue, and this one delivers a beautifully bold and accurate interpretation of one of Mother Nature's prettiest blooms. And yes, it's as juicy and hydrating as it looks and sure to brighten up the dullest rainy day ...

Red For Me (382)

Lips wearing Maybelline Red For Me

I purchased this knockout matte shade a couple of weeks ago and adore its clarity and cheerfulness. Pretty close to centre red, this will fire up any ensemble and let folks know you mean business. I will wear this punchy lipstick with black, grey, olive, navy, cream - anything (except maybe pink), so versatile it is. And the formula is so dense it completely covers my lip freckles - teamed with a lip liner, it keeps my pout perfect for hours. It doesn't look all that matte in the pic, but it does dry down to a surprisingly comfortable shine-free finish ...

Ruby For Me (385)

Lips wearing Maybelline Ruby For Me

I was expecting this to be deeper and with a tad more blue than the Red For Me, and it is, although the difference is more obvious on my arm than on my lips, or in this photo. But it's enough to take it a step above awesome, plus it has an even greater WOW factor because of the glossy finish. And because of the pigmentation density, shine and that smidgin of blue, it makes the cut in my top 5 red lippies of all time - whoa, now that's saying something! ...

Plum For Me (388)

Lips wearing Maybelline Plum For Me

Oh oh oh, I'm plum loco about this gal. It was the one I was most excited to try - my intuition told me it would be a slayer, and I was right. Vampy but not scary, I have a feeling I'll be buying a replacement for this before any of the others. Right now I'm imagining what a knockout this will be with teal or aqua or navy - sigh  So happy that it leaves a stain as it wears, and it's bright enough to not classify it as purely a winter shade ...


Lips wearing all 5 shades of Maybelline Made For Me Lipsticks


So, it's official - I'm loving every single one of these shades. I also love that each cap is an accurate representation of the bullet colour (as is the sticker on the base), which makes it super easy to spot in a box full of others. I'm impressed with the little extra attention to detail too - all covers are shiny, except for the red matte one, which is...matte! My only con is the little clear dots (two on each lipstick) that prove the contents are pristine - when you peel them off, they leave behind a sticky residue that needs a eucalyptus oil clean up. But that little irk isn't necessarily restricted to MNY, and to be honest it's reassuring to know that it hasn't been opened. Hey, if that's my only beef, then I'd say these are Winners For All ...

Maybelline Made For Me Lipsticks with caps off

Thank you again Maybelline - what a treat  As for you dear followers, you know I can't help but share the love  so if it doesn't bother you that I've opened the cases just to take the group photos, I'm giving away the gifted Mauve For Me, Fuchsia For Me and Red For Me spares - just let me know in the comments below if you're interested in any of them and I'll pluck a winner (or winners) from a hat ...

Edit: the name I pulled out of the hat is...

ray_jay

Congrats my dear, please email your address details to katshepsutt(at)gmail.com so I can send you Mauve For Me, Fuchsia For Me and Red For Me!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

24 comments:

  1. Well....You know that Im going to say HELL YES and ask for my name to be put in the hat please :)
    You know I will wear any and every shade that comes my way and I would love these.

    Maybelline have made a very smart move in including you in their top blogger team. Without doubt your blog is one I always read and hunger for new posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I knew I could count on you Fawn! Thanks a bunch for your kind words and support lovely lady ♥

      Delete
    2. Im wearing a lovely muted pink shade today. It took a bit of getting used to to start with as ive been wearing vibrant reds for a while now but i must say it really is quite pretty.

      Delete

    3. Well, we're in tune again my dear - I wore an Aldi pinky nude today, it matched the pattern in my top perfectly. But tomorrow I'm renewing my DL so I'll go for something bold so I don't look washed out in the photo lol ♥

      Delete
  2. So glad you've made their PR list, well deserved! :)

    (don't enter me in the draw please as I was also on the BH trial so already have them. Good luck everyone else!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK Mayday I won't include your name in the hat, but it's terrific to read you here and thank you for your lovely comment ♥

      Delete
  3. oh my these look amazing - id love to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all Mauve For Me, Fuchsia For Me and Red For Me look good- enter me please

      Delete
    2. You're in the hat ray_jay - well it's a box actually lol. I'll probably do the draw mid next week ♥

      Delete
    3. Yay ray_jay! Congratulations!

      Delete
    4. So exited, thanks. I've emailed.

      Delete
    5. Awesome! I've just replied - congrats to you lovely lady ♥

      Delete
    6. Ah, great! You've finally seen this! You've been awol from the forum & I wondered: where the bloody hell are ya!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on making Maybelline's PR list, Kat!

    Pink for Me is what I'd call a nipple pink. I wear nipple pink when I do a bold eye.

    I was also on the Beautyheaven trial team (I received Red for Me & Fuchsia for Me), so DON'T enter me in the draw. Let someone else get a go.

    YAY! GO KAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congrats misfortune8 - ooh yes nipple pink is the perfect description! How lucky were we to be on the trial hey ♥

      Delete
  5. Maybelline definitely picked the right person for the PR list - you are the Queen of Lips!

    A range of lipsticks that suits Everyone intrigues me.

    Mauve and Fuschia For Me definitely interest me!

    I'm not into matte so Red For Me is a no go, but I'll definitely check out the Ruby For Me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen you're a sweetie - QOL, I love it! OK you're in for Mauve & Fuchsia, hope you can find the Ruby, most places I go to are sold out ♥

      Delete
  6. Well deserved Congrats on the lippies Kat! Who better to show them off than the blogger who takes the best pix of her lips the most often! :D

    The shades look beautiful. My favourite would be the Mauve For Me. A gorgeous everyday shade that looks like it would flatter every skin tone. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy thanks for your lovely comment ♥ I've put your name in the hat for the Mauve one!

      Delete
  7. I really like the Mauve for me - it goes with anything. I also like the dusty pinkness of pink for me. I was on the trial too and got to try the Fuchsia and Plum for me. I am really trying to get through all my lipsticks so please don't enter me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gem hey Okatko - ok I won't include you, I feel your pain trying to use up lippies xxx

      Delete
  8. Ps Congrats on being on Maybelline's VIP list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, so looking forward to what arrives next!

      Delete
  9. Congrats to you ray jay :)

    ReplyDelete