Wednesday 5 June 2019

REVIEW: Eaoron Makeup Remover Balm...

Every change of season, I have my fingers crossed that I'll stumble upon a new gem to add to my skincare arsenal, and although winter only started a few days ago, I've already found my latest cold weather jewel - Eaoron Makeup Remover Balm. I actually spotted it in Chemist Warehouse a few weeks ago (on spesh for $19.99), but only used it for the first time on Saturday. It literally dissolves all makeup (including the long-wear and waterproof kind) in seconds and leaves the skin deep cleansed, silky soft and amply nourished - in short, it's simply beautiful ...


It's the solid type (a traveller's delight) that melts as soon as you rub a little between your palms, and is made from Shea Butter and 10 Aussie essential oils including Jojoba, Sunflower, Tea Tree, Rose, Macadamia, Lavender, Eucalyptus and Lemon Peel. There's barely any scent, no added fragrance and the box blurb advises it's suitable for those with sensitive skin. The packaging is simplistic yet très elegant - a sturdy plastic tub with a keep-fresh insert under the lid, and a spatula to hygienically scoop out the creamy coloured contents ...


Balms and oils are my go-to once the temperature drops, mainly because they actually feel warm when they touch the skin - unlike gels and creams which have a cooling effect, and the chill can be a bit of a shock when the temperature gauge hits single figures. I just massage the balm all over my face and neck, and then wipe off with a soft cloth and warm water - the washcloth rinses clean too so there's no residue makeup stain ...


While I still love the Nutrimetics and Clinique balms I've tried, this one scored bonus beauty points for being far more accessible as well as affordable, although I had to ask for it at CW as it wasn't on display after my first purchase...

I've yet to explore most of the other products from the brand, but the Eaoron sheet masks are excellent quality and value, and this balm has certainly earned a place on my bench ...

What's your fave winter face cleanser?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

12 comments:

  1. Oh Kats this does sound lovely. So lovely I did a bit of a google and ive found that its on special at this website and while I was looking there was a popup that said if you sign up for the newsletter you also get a further 5% off. Its on special for $16.99...figured I had best let you know in case you want to stock up

    https://natonic.com.au/en/brand/eaoron?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk5eE3YTS4gIVyzUrCh2bLg2HEAAYAiAAEgItvfD_BwE

    ============

    Ive actually not tried a cleansing balm as yet. For Winter I usually go for a Cream Cleanser. I havent found a brand that im loyal to as yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so thoughtful of you Fawn - thanks so much ♥ I have already bought a couple more from CW, but I've bookmarked the site as there are more products from this brand I want to try, and now is the perfect time with all their bargains! xxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds luxe! I love that the include a spatula too as that appeals to the germophobic side of me!
    I see the whole range is on special at the moment at chemist warehouse. Have you tried any of their other products?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maydayismyday ♥ I've tried their charcoal Face Whitening Sheet Masks before - several times in fact and they really do make a difference in overall lightening of the complexion, which is terrific for someone like me with lots of freckles. I've also bought their eye cream but haven't cracked it open as yet - I have a few on my bench that are part-used and I'm determined to clear the backlog lol!

      Delete
  3. I use Sukin cream cleansers, I am more of a budget buyer :-) Cream cleansers are so good in the winter time.
    That cleansing balm sounds lovely , I might give it a try one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am a huge fan of Sukin products Raluca. And how wonderful it is to have so many different formulations available so we can all have the one we like xxx

      Delete
  4. Finally! I managed to bring up my profile and can now comment again. Have you missed me? Haha Now I need to backtrack through everyones blogs. Problem is by the time I get up to date it will probably log me out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Okatko, I sure have! It's SO good to have you back ♥ If it's any consolation, you're not the only one having trouble commenting - even I couldn't comment using Chrome for several months until I discovered there was a change to the security configs after a particular upgrade. And others can't get past the captcha pictures that I have to turn on to stop the spammers. Well anyway I really appreciate you persisting, and boo that it STILL doesn't work on your i-devices! xxx

      Delete
  5. I think I can only comment on computer. There is something stopping me from commenting or logging onto google using iphone or ipad which is a pain cause that is waaay more convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo Okatko! I'm guessing it's something to do with the browser settings, but I don't have an i-anything so I can't help I'm afraid :-(

      Delete
  6. Clinique balm is great, but expensive. In winter, I used to love Bioré Warming Blackhead Scrub, but it contained plastic microbeads, so I don't buy it any more.

    I don't mind the cold, so that first cold shock of applying a sheet mask or cleanser is something I find invigorating, haha! I mostly use the same cleanser, scrub & masks year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now I too don't mind a little cold splash now and then, just not every night lol!

      Delete