Friday 7 June 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite April 2019 LOTD's...

This April LOTD's post was supposed to go up in May, and being so late, I considered combining these 12 darlings with this month's selection. But there were just too many gorgeous shades to cull, so another lippie post will be coming your way hot on the heels of this one ...


Given we've hit winter, let's start with the ones that look like they're chock-full of Vitamin C ...


1. NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream - Speed of Light. Being a limited edition, and only available now on Amazon and eBay, I should really stop teasing you with pics of this beauty. On the other hand, I keep hoping that if there are still current mentions on the web of how FANTASTIC this range was, NYX might reconsider and bring it back ...
2. Innoxa Summer Matte - Tangerine. A fabulously citrus orange hey - this one I've had for ages, and it's still a regular in my repertoire because non-streaky lipsticks in this shade are rare, thank you Innoxa! ...
3. Bourjois Rouge Velvet The Lipstick - Brownette. Brown lippies that are rich and lush are also few and far between, but fortunately, Bourjois appreciates the desire some of us gals have for something as warm and toasty as this earthy babe ...



4. Nutrimetics Silk Creme Lipstick - Chilli. One of the most comfortable formulas in my experience, I reviewed these HERE and loved them so much I bought the three above, plus a couple more in the plums and pinks section below. All very similar sassy shades, but sufficiently different for someone who appreciates the tint variations. Chilli is bright and bold and leaning towards the warmer orangey spectrum ...
5. Nutrimetics Silk Creme Lipstick - Scarlet. Scarlet is blood red - no mistaking it's bold and potent haemoglobin content, Dracula would be drooling over this ...
6. Nutrimetics Silk Creme Lipstick - Rhubarb. A challenge for both my camera to capture and your monitor to display, this one is softer and more subtle IRL than the other two reds, with a couple of drops of pink added to make it a tad less scary if reds have you thinking twice. I think you'll agree though that all three are stunners ... 



7. Nutrimetics Silk Creme Lipstick - Plum. Be still my beating heart - there are moments like this when I think plum is my absolute favourite lippie shade ...
8. Chi Chi Viva La Viva Lipstick - Lady Bump. Oh, joy of joys, even though I've had this for yonks, their website still has it listed - one of the most divine plum/berry lipsticks to ever grace the cosmetic shelves, awesome price and moisture-rich formula. Wear this if you want to slay, and I mean no prisoners lol ...
9. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate - 30. Another one that could sway me away from all the other hues if it wasn't for my rainbow wardrobe. Kate knows her berries, and this is super sweet, succulent and juicy fruit all the way ...



10. NYX Intense Butter Lip Gloss - Spice Cake. And then, of course, there is Spice Cake, which makes me yearn not for cake, but a strudel with cream cheese and blackberries. I swear when I wear this I'm salivating all day, but I don't need to lick my lips as this gloss keeps them super soft and supple between meals ...
11. Nutrimetics Silk Creme Lipstick - Violet. The perfect transition shade if you've grown weary of pink but you're not quite ready to take the plunge into the berry deep-end. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm madly in love with this new Nutrimetics range ...
12. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate - 20. One decibel away from Barbie-land, this always lifts my spirits and I can laugh at whatever challenges life throws at me. Kate also knows her pinks ...

Any faves here? Have a brilliant long weekend lovelies!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Sadly its not a long weekend for those of us in Queensland so its business as usual here :)

    I love all these lip colours but at the moment I really have a thing for reds so that entire second row of the nutrimetics lippies is very enticing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh phooey Fawn - well I'm sure you'll get your turn at another time when we'll all have to work Mondays ♥ Go the reds hon! xxx

      Delete
  2. How did I miss this post? (Dracula drool - haha!)


    It's hard to choose between #8 & #9 - both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean - it's a challenge deciding which one to wear! Fortunately I have a range of maroon/burgundy/plum coloured items in the wardrobe, so I go for the closest match ♥

      Delete