Sunday 23 June 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite May 2019 LOTD's...

Some absolute LOTD gems last month. Only three new ones as I'm doing my utmost to work through my collection to eliminate the so-so's (lip withering duds are long gone) and see if I can narrow down the range to a set of every colour, texture and finish imaginable, but they MUST be supremely comfortable, and I have to love them to bits. Once I have the volume under control I'll do another count (last one in 2017 was over 500 which is ridiculous!). My darling friend IndieAna has been culling her collection for over a year too - I swear it takes ages lol ...


As usual, I'm starting with the browns/neutrals and working my way through to the passionate purples...


1. The Balm - Amanda Kiss My Lips. I'd forgotten what a delish formula this is - still creamy and moist at over 2 years old, and it's a beaut slightly golden brown unlike a lot of my others which contain a lot of red ...
2. Maybelline Color Sensational Made For All - Mauve For Me. LOVE this new range! I scored this (and #8 below) from a beautyheaven trial. Slightly misleading colour name as it's more like a terracotta or a deep nude than a mauve, but either way, it's gorgeous. The formula is juicy, softening and satiny, and the fact that each case is an almost perfect match to the contents adds to the appeal ...
3. Nutrimetics nc Hydra Brilliance - Russet. The perfect winter orange hey. Magical formula, I reviewed a couple of the shades HERE ...



4. Lacura Photo-Fit - Paris. Still loving these lippies from Aldi - full review is HERE ...
5. L'Oreal Color Riche Moisture Matte - Bloody Mary. Appearance number 6 or 7 in these posts - pretty safe to say this is my favourite matte red lipstick ...
6. Nutrimetics nc Hydra Brilliance - Garnet. Ditto #3 above ...



7. BarryM - 151. What a pretty coral - not as moist as some of my others, but still comfy and long wearing ...
8. Maybelline Color Sensational Made For All - Fuchsia For Me. The second one from the bh trial  Such a gorgeous pink - not too bright, and it feels as hydrating on the lips as it looks ...
9. MODE Matte - Back to the Fuchsia. Another one that had slipped into obscurity in my kit. It's over three years old, and a little too drying now so I tossed it, but would buy it again if it were still available ...



10. Jane Iredale Triple Luxe Long Lasting Naturally Moist - Ella. One of the best long lasting formulas, I need more from this brand. Long wear usually means way less lip comfort, but not this baby ...
11. Avon Mark - Berry Cute. Adore every one of these I scored from mag covers - despite the number of lipsticks I have, this particular shade gets an outing every month or so because of the vibrant shade, intensity and moisture content ...
12. Maybelline Colorsensational Metallic Matte - Copper Rose. I picked this up at Priceline for $5 because it's discontinued. Discontinued? I wasn't even aware of this range! Such a shame as it's a fascinating finish - matte with a soft metallic reflect. Oh well, I bought two so I'm good for a while lol ...

Which one do you like the most?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. Shades number 2 , 4 and 5.I really have a weakness for the red ones , they look the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely understandable Raluca - red lippy is just so energising! ♥

      Delete
  2. Shades 4 through to 7 really entice me. Ok...and 8 and 9 as well :)
    That Lacura Paris is lovely. I really must try one of the Aldi lippies one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever come across a dud lippy from Aldi Fawn - maybe there was a longwear 2-step one years ago that wasn't so good, but as a rule they are excellent quality ♥

      Delete
    2. One of the hospitals that im attending on a regular basis has an Aldi right across the road which I pop into from time to time but I often have a time limit so tend to rush. I need to find the makeup section for sure :)

      Delete
    3. I don't actually go to the makeup section for any of their standard range - I subscribe to their emails and so each week I'm notified of any specials, and that's when I pick up the lipsticks, they're usually in the bins down the middle of the store ♥

      Delete
  3. I've got a few lacura 2-step lippies & I reckon they're great! I hadn't heard of the Maybelline Metallic Mattes either. I just did a search of the Priceline website & there's no Copper Rose: they've only got a black, green & a colour called copper spark. I might check in a few stores' bargain bins.

    I had a red Mode lippy but it went soft. I think it's still sitting around in my fridge - I should fish it out to wear through winter!

    My pic is that Avon at #11! Gorgeous & vibrant! Great nini-reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey misfortune8 - good to hear that the Lacura 2-step lipsticks work well for you. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing in general which is probably why I wasn't keen on the Aldi ones. Good luck with the MNY Metallic Mattes hunt, and I agree about the Avon Mark Berry Cute! xxx

      Delete
  4. Mauve for me, Bloody Mary, Fuschia for me, Ella and Berry Cute are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete