Saturday 27 September 2014

REVIEW: Versace Bright Crystal Absolu Eau de Parfum...

Allow me to introduce you to my new signature warmer weather scent - Versace Bright Crystal Absolu. I owe a couple of heartfelt thankyou's for the discovery of this numero uno - it all started when darling Gemma from Lady Sapphire Blog posted a preview of this new offering from Versace back in July. I was SO entranced by her delicious description - it sounded like something I would adore, so I set about getting my hands on a drop or two...


MyPerfumeSamples.com came to my rescue with a 1ml glass vial of the genuine article for $3.99. I've placed two orders with this firm now, and can't rave about them highly enough. They deliver exactly what you ask for, and despite being in the US, the parcel always arrives in perfect condition, and in a timely manner. I posted an in-depth article/rave review about their services back in August...


As soon as I popped the cap, I was in love - a done deal, and totally smitten with this fabulously fresh and feminine fragrance. The crispness of it makes my nose tingle with delight, and I can't help but break out into a beaming smile as soon as it hits my skin. This is the first Versace fragrance I've owned, and not having tried the original Bright Crystal I can't compare it, but from what I've read, it's almost the same. The biggest difference seems to be that this Absolu is more intense and lasts a whole lot longer, and I can vouch for the longevity - I only have to re-spritz twice in 14 hours to keep myself enveloped in a fruity floral cloud that makes me feel like I've just stepped out of a refreshing shower. There's nothing cloying about this perfume, nor is it heady or overly sweet - instead it simply bubbles over with pure joy and happiness..


In my opinion, Bright Crystal Absolu is a truly masterful blend of fruit and flowers - the first delight that hits the senses is yuzu, a tangy citrus fruit from China, often described as a cross between grapefruit and mandarin. There's also pomegranate and raspberry in the first tantalising rush, and then the whole mix is delicately softened with floral notes of lotus, peony and magnolia, all supported by a sensual base of acajou wood, amber and musk...

Now to what I thought would be the hard part - finding this gem at a reasonable price. My dear friend Google was kind enough to reveal some bargain suppliers, and I chose Feeling Sexy, a Melbourne based online seller of genuine perfumes. This massive 90ml bottle retails at David Jones for $140, but I only paid $81.95 from Feeling Sexy, and because I ordered a couple of other items (Travalos!), the shipping was free. Three days (3 days!) after ordering, this exquisite and stunning crystal pink bottle was mine 


Interestingly, it reminds me so much of my other summer fave, Arpege D'Eclat, but that one has lilac and wisteria notes blended with sicilian lemon leaves - still I guess it confirms that I'm a floral/fruit gal once the winter chill has gone...

What's your favourite fragrance to spritz once the weather warms up?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this perfume sounds gorgeous, hun. I love fruity florals, too, so trying this perfume is a must! Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie darling, I reckon you'd adore it - actually I can't imagine anyone NOT loving it to bits, and you need this gorgeous pink crystal bottle on your dressing table ♥

      Delete
  2. Spritzed on some Calvin Klein Down Town today, forgot how much I love that fragrance. Also love Eternity Aqua from them too - that's definitely my summer fragrance. So fresh & slightly aquatic. There's an Issey Miyake one that smells exactly like that if you can't find it, but I can't remember the name of it.

    Can't remember whether I've smelt that Versace one, but I've smelt the original Bright Crystal & it's nice. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goody! I love it when gals tell me their fave fragrances - I've found many a treasure from someone else's recommendation, thanks Seashells. There are SO MANY out there I often don't know where to start ♥

      Delete
  3. Kats this perfume sounds so nice and the bottle is just divine!! I definitely change to lighter type scents with the weather warming up........currently wearing Calvin Klein Euphoria and Theirry Mugler Womanity. Euphoria my girls chose for me a few years back for Mothers Day so just bought myself a new bottle of it recently and Womanity is soooo different to anything else I have ever smelt......some people hate it but I adore it. It contains Fig and Caviar. I will have to smell this Versace fragrance when I am out shopping next. Awesome review......Love Flaming Beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's helpful Flaming - this scent really is a gem for summer, it's so incredibly fresh and energising ♥ Thanks for sharing your loves hon - I MUST try Womanity, haven't taken a sniff of any by Mugler, well not yet anyway ♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. Sounds like such a gorgeous perfume, and I love the bottle! Will be definitely adding this to my wish list. Amazing review lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have SO many perfume samples on my bench to write up Monique, but this one was a standout - definitely one for your collection hon ♥

      Delete
  5. That's a pretty fab price Kats :D I'm so glad you love it as much as I do. I have a wedding to go to soon and I'm taking my sample with me to wear :) I adore it soooo much.
    Awesome review babe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could hardly believe the discount Gemma - Feeling Sexy has amazing prices on just about any fragrance you could want, they also stock hair products. Thank you again for putting me onto this heavenly perfume ♥

      Delete