Sunday 1 March 2020

Colour Theory Lipsticks - Part 1...

A few weeks ago the generous folks at Colour Theory sent me a surprise parcel containing most of the cosmetics from their range. I mean, there was so much in the box - nail enamels, highlighters, bronzers, lip glosses, blushes and of course, that makeup item so dear to my heart (and always on my lips), lipsticks! It will take me a while to work my way through all of the goodies, but I thought I'd start with what I've been wearing daily in the last week - half of the lippies ...


The Colour Theory range is only available at Amcal or Guild Pharmacies, or there is a website (HERE) where you can order most of the products. Every item (except for multi-packs) is $5, or two for $8. From what I've tried so far they are amazing value. The lipsticks are creamy, smooth, hydrating, refreshingly well pigmented, and there are 10 shades in the range - five soft pinks and nudes, and five bold shades, which if you know me, are TOTALLY up my alley lol. Because they are so moisturising they need to be reapplied fairly often, but I'd much rather that than have my lips all shrivelled by lunchtime ...


So let's get started with the first five...

Timeless


The first of the nudes I tried - it's such a delicate shade, but matched the outfit I was wearing perfectly. It has a hint of orange which makes it quite different from the others which are mainly pinks. Even though it is so pale, the coverage is excellent, and it complimented my complexion way better than I expected ...

Love Me Coral


Love me this colour - I would call it more orange than coral, but it's just plain gorgeous and surprisingly streak-free. Not too bright but with enough oomph to be noticed, I'll be wearing this quite a bit come Autumn/Winter when I want to cheer myself up ha ha ...

Pink Lemonade


Such a yummy pink - almost a magenta, but with a softness that's refreshingly girly, and not too loud. I wore this with a hot pink & black combo outfit and it was the perfect match. This is a shade I will wear all-year-round ...

Vintage Crop


My favourite so far - halfway between a plum and a berry, I just adore the fact that it has intensity without being too dramatic. I slayed them in the aisles pairing this with aqua - adore it! ...

Boyz-N Berry


100% berry-licious, this is almost a purple and delightfully fruity and fresh. The bullet pic was taken in natural light, and the lip one was under my cool makeup light, which is why the colour looks a wee bit different. Bold and really quite vampy, it will be perfect for the cooler weather when the darker wardrobe shades need a lift and it will undoubtedly have many outings in the future ...

I'm so impressed with these lipsticks - of course, I'm more partial to the brighter colours, but as you'll see in Part 2 (coming soon!), the nudes and soft pinks are ever so pretty. Thanks again Team CT for the opportunity to try these luscious lip smackers - I'm feeling very spoilt! ...

Have you heard of Colour Theory Cosmetics, or tried any of their lipsticks?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. ooohhh....well I would have never know about this brand if you had not made this post. I dont have an Amcal near me but im checking out the website asap. I love all of the shade of lippy so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no Amcal or Guild chemists near me either Fawn - thank goodness they're available online hey ♥

      Delete
  2. Vintage crop—a very good vintage that one ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha well said MGR - I think it's still my fave, although the red one (in Part 2) is giving it a run for its money ♥

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried Colour Theory before. I love the look of Boyz-N Berry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty one - I love the berries for winter, and especially when they've got quite a bit of pink content which this one has, so cheery ♥

      Delete