Sunday 29 March 2020

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite February 2020 LOTD's...

I hope all of you are coping ok with this virus nightmare, and pray there will be an end to it soon. In these troubled times of health and economic uncertainty, I am SO fortunate to be able to work from home, and only venture out to pick up essentials at the supermarket (masked and gloved) or for a neighbourhood power walk in the fresh air. I'm certainly grateful for the extra hour's sleep because I don't have to travel or get all dolled-up, but I have to remind myself to take regular breaks, to get up and move around, and hit the treadmill in the evenings - it's so easy to stay glued to the computer all day and half the night, and that's not good for anyone. But unlike so many others, I'm counting my blessings that I still have a job, and while the usual routine is out the window (believe it or not I didn't wear ANY makeup last week) I'm determined to keep up with the usual blog posts for as long as I can...


Let's start with some uplifting reds hey...


1. PUR Cosmetics Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick - Key Red. Such a beautiful cream, such a sensational shade, and I give it a 9.5/10 comfort factor. There are so few matte liquid lipsticks that I can heap praise on, but this is one of them! It was actually gifted to me by a beautyheaven member as part of a Christmas 2017 Secret Santa ...
2. Maybelline Colorsensational Made For All - Red For Me. Lots of appearances in the Faves, and there'll be lots more - I reviewed the whole range HERE ...
3. Seraphine Botanicals Vegan Berry Tint - Cherry Cream. Another gorgeous cream that first appeared in July 2017 - it just keeps on keeping on, and how lustrous and lush is that red?! Still knocks me for six how well this covers all my freckly spots ...



4. David Jones Moisture Cream Lipstick - Honey Gold. I don't know if DJ's make their own lipsticks any more - they're not listed on their website, so maybe not. All the same, they knew what they were doing - this actually came in a Deluxe Sampler Tote in February 2016, which makes it at least 4 years old, yet that divine burnt orange hue still packs a punch and keeps my lips soft and supple all day ...
5. Colour Theory - Love Me Coral. Still crushing on this $5 range - there are two more of the shades down below, and 10 in the set - I've written up and swatched five of them (HERE) and the post of the other five is coming soon ...
6. Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - In With Coral.  Still in love with these gems - reviewed most of the set back in 2015 when they first came out (HERE). I hope the MNY design team member who came up with these was given a huge bonus for creating a brilliant formula in a wide range of colours for such a low price - they've certainly stood the test of time, and the odd shade or two is still available from Priceline ...



7. Maybelline Colorsensational - Mauve For Me. Sigh. I've said it all before, and many times over - one of my all-time favourite shades, and formulas ...
8. Maybelline Colorsensational Matte - Touch of Spice. Crikey here's another oldie but a goodie - I've just done a search and this one appeared for the first time in August 2016. Lipsticks are supposed to be binned after two years, but I can't bear to part with anything past that when it still looks fabulous on, smells perfectly normal, and keeps my lips hydrated - Roger that ...
9. Colour Theory - Vintage Crop. It was a very good year for this shade, credit to the vintner for creating a hue that's halfway between a rosé and a grenache ...



10. Nutrimetics NC Hydra Brilliance - Marshmallow. A Limited Edition (50th Anniversary) - why oh WHY did I not buy a few of these? One word - divine! ...
11. Maybelline Smoked Roses - Dusk Rose.  Reviewed three from the range HERE, and then went back for this stunner. Can't for the life of me figure out why I ummed and ahhed over this slayer as they were half price at the time. I guess it was because the hand swatch wasn't a patch on how it turned out on my lips. Anyways, I adore it so much I don't give a hoot that I had to pay a bit more for it ...
12. Colour Theory - Boyz-N Berry. Yes, another of the $5 lip smackers, fruity fresh and berry bright ...

Would love to know if there's one here you like more than the others ...

Take care of you, and keep your loved ones safe,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. In with Coral is one I find enticing. I seem to be using more of the pale shades of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always fun to have a change Fawn, but you know me, I wear pretty much all of them. Looking forward to re-introducing some of the deeper hues once the chill well and truly hits ♥

      Delete
  2. My faves would be Key Red & Boyz-N Berry, but I could take the whole top & bottom rows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, another bold lip lover! That Key Red is something else hey misfortune8, and I'm also a huge fan of the berry one ♥

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Mmmm, thought you'd like that one ha ha! Thanks for all your recent comments Okatko - you've been super busy & I so appreciate your support ♥

      Delete