Sunday 8 March 2020

REVIEW: Colour Theory Blushes...

More goodies from the Colour Theory box that arrived a few weeks ago! Blush is something I simply can't live without. If I'm in a rush I can manage without concealer, contouring and mascara, but if I have absolutely no makeup on and there's a knock at the door, a couple of swipes of a soft-toned blush gives me the confidence to open it and say hello (hey, it might be a delivery of beauty stuff lol!). Even lipstick on its own can appear a bit out of place on me, but a gentle glow on my cheeks looks natural and healthy, and these blushes have just the right intensity to wear solo, as well as adding a much-needed radiance when I'm fully made-up ...


The three blushes in the Colour Theory range are all gorgeous, and I've no doubt at least one of them will be a great match to whatever your skin tone may be - there's a pastel pink (Pink Poison), a rose gold (Sunburst) and quite a bold terracotta (Misty Rose), and all of them are only $5 each, or two for $8 from Amcal or Guild Chemists...


Pink Poison
The palest of the three, and so pale I thought it wouldn't show up on my skin, but actually, it does! (see swatches below) While it doesn't have enough oomph for me to wear it alone, I've been using it to soften deeper shades that are a little too bold, tone down shimmery highlighting when I've been a bit too heavy-handed (it's almost a matte finish) or for colour-correcting others that are a wee bit too orangey. The brush picks up the powder easily, and the formula blends beautifully ...

Sunburst


At first, I thought this was more like a light bronzer as it looked quite golden in the pan, but when applied (and in natural light) it has more pink content, which is why I described it as rose gold above. It's a gem - silky soft, pretty as, and just the thing when you want a subtle ever-so-soft sunkissed glow ...

Misty Rose


Knowing my penchant for colour, you've probably guessed this is my favourite of the three - the most fabulous autumn shade and I love it so much I may be hitting pan by September! Unlike the other two, this one has more of a shimmery sheen, and the texture seems just that little bit creamier ...

Swatches!
The pan pics and swatches below were all taken in natural light, whereas in the photos above, I matched them with wardrobe items under cool artificial light - there are some slight tone differences, but I think you get the idea...


As with the lipsticks, I think these are amazing value. Thanks again to the Colour Theory team for sending these to me to try. Heaps more in the box to go through, so watch this space! ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh these remind me of the Australis cream blush that we absolutely loved and they discontinued them. These look interesting Kat so I will have to hunt down an Amcal chemist as I don't think they are around much where we are. I would say the Misty Grove would be ideal for me yet I like the Pink Poison too. Well for the price, I could always get both :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Mandy - they're certainly affordable, and I've been wearing the Misty Rose a few days every week. It's such a lovely warm shade, and particularly now we're in Autumn. I remember those Australis blushes too - such a shame they were discontinued ♥

      Delete
  2. I like Pink Poison but I adore a shimmer. I haven't used blush in a long time. I always wonder whether I'm applying it right.

    ReplyDelete