Sunday 5 July 2020

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite May & June 2020 LOTD's...

If you follow my Instagram account, you would have noticed that instead of the regular five-days-a-week appearances, my LOTD uploads are somewhat sporadic and erratic. Due to COVID, I'm only heading into the office every second week, and while I'm still wearing makeup just about every day, I'm saving my dress-ups (and consequently my LOTD pics) for those days when I go to the workplace. Consequently, I've not had many lip love photos to choose from, but below are what I put together from the May & June limited assortment...

Collage of May/June 2020 favourite lip colours

What's been interesting is that my lipstick application skills soon deteriorate if I don't keep up the practice, so some of these are a bit lopsided - anyways the colours and textures are what count, right?

Colourpop DM, NYX Shady & Revlon Coy


1. Colourpop Ultra Metallic Lip - DM. A regular, I trot this out when I'm wearing golden browns from my wardrobe. In July last year, I said it was too drying and was going to toss it, but in the end, I couldn't bear to do it as I've nothing else quite like it, and I solved the problem by applying a thin layer of balm underneath ...
2. NYX SlipTease Lip Lacquer - Shady. You'll see these fairly often as they are totally fabulous - full review of the majority of the shades is HERE. Still can't believe I picked these up for $7 each from Priceline ...
3. Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm - Coy. I've had this for ages and I'm bamboozled as to why I've never worn it. Lost in a sea of lip products, I'm delighted I singled it out. It's gorgeous - creamy, moist, wears pretty well, super convenient being in crayon form, and I just adore the colour ...


Antipodes South Pacific Coral, Maybelline Rose Rush & Seraphine Cherry Cream


4. Antipodes - South Pacific Coral. Received this in a surprise gift from the brand, and I wear it fairly regularly. It's actually a lot brighter in the tube but I'm experimenting with different lip liners underneath to see if I can get it to really pop. Fabulous formula, sooooo comfortable ...
5. Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom - Rose Rush. Seems to be only available on eBay now - such an unusual and pretty orangey-pinky-red. I'll keep wearing it though in the hope that MNY changes their mind and brings it back - LOVE IT! ...
6. Seraphine Botanicals Vegan Berry Tint - Cherry Cream.  Three years old and still going strong. Supremely comfortable with brilliant coverage and wears well. Although it does get a little dry after a few hours, reapplication is smooth and makes it all creamy again ...


Maybelline Pioneer, Avon Mark Berry Cute & IBY Beauty Mardi Gras

7. Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink - Pioneer. How about that red hey? These liquid lippies are astonishingly good - methinks I need a few more in my kit. Their lasting power is amazing, and the comfort-factor is way up there ...
8. Avon Mark Lipstick - Berry Cute.  Love the name, the colour, the formula - I think this is appearance #4 in my faves posts, will definitely be a fifth ...
9. IBY Beauty High Intensity Lipstick - Mardi Gras. I keep this for the shade - it has a very high blue content which makes it just the right colour for several outfits. It's a little drier than other formulas, but my obsession with matching is stronger than my desire for comfort lol ...

Would any of these suit you?

Take care of you, and keep your loved ones safe,
kats xxx

3 comments:

  1. Well...I was actually wearing the Antipodes South Pacific Coral the other day also. I have a few Antipodes shades and love their lippies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've come up with a terrific formula hey Fawn - so nourishing and moist, my lips always feel cared for at the end of an Antipodes lipstick day ♥

      Delete
  2. Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm - Coy. I think I have one of these but in Vivacious. I think Coy is much nicer.

    ReplyDelete