Sunday 5 April 2020

REVIEW: NYX Slip Tease Full Colour Lip Lacquers...

So I was browsing through Priceline's Clearance section and spotted a NYX Slip Tease Full Colour Lip Lacquer for $5. I don't even remember these being released, but for that price and loving their Intense Butter Lip Glosses as I still do, I figured I wouldn't be disappointed. So I dived in and discovered that there were nine other colours available for $7 each, which means the $5 one was bait! I didn't mind the entrapment though - less than half price was a bargain, so I selected six of them. Mind you I find Priceline's online colour charts to be highly inaccurate, but I went with my gut and the colours of the tubes rather than the shade boxes. Turns out I needn't have stressed, they are all divine!...

NYX Slip Tease Full Colour Lip Lacquers - showing the wand

These glosses are the absolute bomb - thick and rich and incredibly pigmented. The packaging is gorgeous and reminds me of a crystal - all glossy, faceted and transparent so you can see the actual colour of the product. That's always a bonus for me as I store them upside down and can quickly pluck out the shade I'm after without having to read the label. The wand has one of those cute little sponge barbell-shaped tips and they apply like a dream ...


So here are the swatches - honestly, these are the glossiest glosses ever, super moisturising and they wear surprisingly well, although like most glosses, you'll leave your mark on the coffee cup ...

Lip Lacquer lip swatches - Modern Soul and Sandalwood

On the left is Modern Soul, the most fabulously golden orange - I've wanted this kind of shade for yonks. So many citrussy lip products in my kit are more of an orange-red, or verging on coral. On the right is Sandalwood - an unusually striking and ever so pretty terracotta, absolutely perfect for the Autumn/Winter mood ...


Next is Rosy Outlook - oh bliss! I've been hitting the rose shades big time of late, and this one is a stunner, not to mention surprisingly flattering to my skin tone. Next to that beauty is Shady, a soft and warmish brown that will surely get multiple wears in the fast-approaching cooler weather and wardrobe choices ...

Lip Lacquer lip swatches - Dream Space & Karma Suit Ya

And now we have one of those greigey purples that I simply adore - Dream Space, and the name is spot on, she is literally dreamy and creamy and ever so cool. Last of all is the berry to end all berries - Karma Suit Ya. Could almost classify this as a deep magenta, but there's something so lush and juicy about the shade, it really can't be anything except berry-licious! ...

NYX Slip Tease Full Colour Lip Lacquers laid out in a wheel shape

I'm so impressed I've just ordered the other four shades - Decadent, Let's Get Physical, Negotiator and Pleasure Seeker. And I don't even mind that they're discontinued - I so rarely finish a tube of gloss, and no doubt there'll be a suitable NYX substitute when I need to buy a replacement...

So lovelies, get them while they're hot and before they're gone forever! The Clearance link at the top of the page will take you to their location on the Priceline website. There are delivery delays at the mo' due to COVID, but my last order came in roughly 10 business days ...

Are you a gloss queen, and would any of these shades suit you?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thumbs up for karma suit ya. Interesting play on words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's clever hey Okatko, and so deliciously vibrant! I have the other four now and will swatch them soon ♥

      Delete