Sunday 7 March 2021

REVIEW: Urban Rituelle Aromatherapy Soy & Coconut Wax Candle & Natural Hand & Body Lotion...

On the one hand, I'm a little sad that this is the last in the current series of Urban Rituelle Natural Remedy product reviews - it's been such a pleasure to trial all these beauties. But on the other, I'm excited as I've just placed an order for the hand cream and lip balm from the same range, so it won't be long before they arrive, are put to the test and the results shared with you here. For now, it's my absolute pleasure to tell you all about the Natural Hand & Body Lotion, and Aromatherapy Soy & Coconut Wax Candle ...


Mandarin, Orange & Geranium Natural Hand & Body Lotion (500ml, RRP $39.95)


I mentioned in my review of the Hand & Body Wash (HERE) that I may not even need this partner product because the shower gel is so moisturising and skin softening. But the winter chill is on the horizon, which means that in a matter of weeks, my skin will transform literally overnight into a thirsty and flaky mess, so I'm thrilled I have this bottle of dry skin antidote at the ready! It has the same glorious essential oil fragrance as the body wash, and similar delicious ingredients (Kakadu Plum, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Argan Kernel Oil and Rosehip Fruit Oil) but with the added bonus of Shea Butter, Wheatgerm Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract & Chamomile Flower Extract. Quite possibly the most soothing body moisturiser to ever grace my vanity, I can't imagine anyone else not falling in love with this rapidly absorbed and intensely nourishing lotion. My skin feels supernally soft, smooth and supple - in short, the way it's supposed to be ...


Lemongrass, Ginger & Lime Aromatherapy Soy & Coconut Wax Candle (400g, RRP $44.95)


Candle lovers rejoice! This huge jar of uplifting goodness is literally a breath of fresh air and something I will treasure throughout the months ahead. I have several Urban Rituelle reed diffusers scattered through the house to maintain a continuously harmonious environment - in the larger spaces they work magically to provide a subtle scent as we swish past, and there's always one or two in the bedroom to aid relaxation. But for an intensive aromatherapy session, this candle is the ticket - whoa! Not only does it look beautiful (even before it's lit), the scent is sublime - lemongrass, lime and ginger are an inspired blend that lifts my spirits and creates a restorative atmosphere that's both energising and rejuvenating. Truly, I'm obsessed. Given the size and potential 80 hours of burn time, I was hoping this would see me through the winter, but at the rate I'm lighting it up (like, every night after work lol), I may need another one pronto ...


With dual 100% cotton wicks, the burn is even, slow and smokeless, and the glow of the amber glass is both warming and comforting. There's also Lemon & Star Anise Essential Oils in the mix, and a matching lid to sustain the fragrance when not in use, and keep the dust and bugs out. The 100% post-consumer recycled paper box includes detailed instructions on how to burn the candle safely, and to maintain its integrity. The jar is 100% recyclable, but this is one item that won't be hitting the yellow bin - I'm keeping it for my trinkets and/or cotton buds ...

This whole range is genius - congratulations UR Team, and thank you again for the chance to discover that stunningly fragrant and restorative products can be made, packaged and experienced without harming our beloved planet ...

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. As I have a passion for citrus based scents Im here drooling. This entire range sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound wonderful and what a great review Kats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the read Tracy - UR have always made stunning products, but they've outdone themselves with this range ♥

      Delete
  3. That candle, in particular, sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am, and believe it or not I'm not actually "into" candles - I'm more of a diffuser gal but this one has converted me lol! ♥

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The whole range is exceptionally photogenic Raluca - some products are hard to capture on camera, but these are just so rich and glossy ♥

      Delete