Sunday 18 April 2021

Chi Chi Eau De Parfums - Peach & Mango, Strawberry & Violet...

Oh, summer - what happened to you? Sadly El Niño hit us hard here in Sydney, and we didn't have our usual blast of seasonal heat to warm our bones (or melt our lipsticks). In some ways, it was a relief to not have too many stinkers requiring full-on air-con, but I feel a bit cheated that I didn't get to wear my cute little sun-suits, in fact, I didn't even unpack them from the 35 degree+ box that I store them in for the rest of the year. To compensate I treated myself to two of my fave summer fun fragrances - Chi Chi Peach & Mango & Strawberry & Violet EDP. While I've reviewed the Peach & Mango before (HERE), that was six years ago, and I didn't ever aim my spotlight on the Strawberry & Violet stunner, so here's an update of these two fabulous scents that will keep the warm weather spirit in my heart as we head into the winter chill ...



Peach & Mango EDP (50ml, RRP $19.95)...


This was the first Chi Chi perfume I ever bought (over 6 years ago) and it still has a special place on my shelf. In a word, I'd say "joy". It's just so fruity, fresh and fun - every time I spray it on, it's guaranteed to put a smile on my dial, and a 100% sure bet to lift my spirits into the stratosphere. It's like a holiday in the tropics! Lasts amazingly well and by that I mean it's quite distinctive for around 3 hours, but actually stays on my skin till well into the afternoon, which is astounding considering the price. Undoubtedly aimed at a market decades younger than me, but who cares - I choose fragrances for how they make me feel and this one takes me back to the 80's when the Body Shop first brought out Dewberry, which took the world of fruity fragrances to another level ... 


The first spritz is literally an explosion of citrus - not for the faint-hearted, and not if you want to blend in. But if you are looking for a mood changer, then this is for you. On a hot day it takes me on a stroll through a shady orchard of juicy fruit ripe for the picking and cools me down in a flash. I adore it, and never tire of its freshness ...


Strawberry & Violet EDP (50ml, RRP $19.95)...


I call this "my darling", and she's one of the most romantic fragrances in my collection. The combination of strawberry and violet is pure genius - to be honest, it surprised the hell out of me as I thought it would be overly sweet, but these two scents are amazingly complementary and were made to be together. Maybe it's because neither one overshadows the other, and their partnership creates an aura of femininity that I've not found elsewhere. On some days I want to make an impression or a statement, and then I choose one of the wowsers from my collection. But there are days when I just want to smell gorgeous, and for those, this is the one ...



Interestingly, I've had more compliments and queries about this fragrance from women than fellas. But in any event, it's a beauty and quite remarkable, and like the Peach & Mango, not even a whiff of vanilla or caramel, which makes a lovely change. Mind you it also has Pink Grapefruit, Gardenia, Jasmine, Musk, White Woods and Vanilla in the formula, but the blend has been done so expertly, I can't pick anything except enchantment ...

Overall, if you're looking for a scent that is different from anything else out there, I reckon you can't go too far wrong with either of these, especially given they are both long-lasting EDP's for a very low price ...

Have you tried any of the other Chi Chi fragrances? Any favourites?

Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have both of these & I wear them mostly in summer. Unlike you, I'm glad summer's over, even if it wasn't as hot/bad as most other years. I remember Dewberry! God, that was gorgeous!

    My favourite Chi Chi perfumes are the winterier ones: Marshmallow (which doesn't give me a migraine, like the MOR one does) & Sugar & Spice - both lovely scents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes I think I still have minis of the Marshmallow & Sugar & Spice - thanks for reminding me, must dig them out as I love them for the cooler weather ♥

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and write up Kats! Over in Perth we copped it with the yucky heat and even worse humidity which I detest. Half way through autumn and still waiting for autumn to actually arrive. My daughter loves the Chi Chi products and some of them smell gorgeous and others like the musk are too much for me. It's good to know there are some affordable and easily obtainable scents that keep their scent into the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words Tracy - good to hear I'm not alone with my passion, there's so many in the range to choose from ♥

      Delete
  3. Ive not tried any Chi Chi Scents but you now have me hankering for both of these.
    I actually swung by your blog yesterday as I figured there would be a new post from you that I had missed. Obviously I was a day early :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they're certainly affordable Fawn, but I won't try and tempt you - I know you're working hard to clear what you have. Tonight's blog post isn't finished unfortunately - my job is sapping my time & energy, but will do my best to get the March Empties up by the end of this week ♥

      Delete