Tuesday 12 August 2014

EOTD: Berry and Blue...

Well Winter sure hit Sydney with an icy blast this week - we've been spoiled with a mild one up until now, but I'm sitting here with the heater on, candle burning, toes encased in fleecy uggs, and I stole one of my woolly windcheaters back from the cat's closet! Despite Spring glimmering on the horizon, there's still a few weeks of moody broody eye looks left on my agenda, and here's a combo I love if for no other reason than makes me feel all warm and toasty...


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk makes such a fabulous base for deep pinks and blues - it provides a rich depth to either of those particular spectrum hues, and any pigment seems to stick like glue, and last the whole day...


The pinky purple on the inner half is the one from the L'Oreal Disco Smoking palette - it doesn't have much dimension on its own, but the tattoo underneath gives it a wee bit of welcome shimmer. The deep blue is from an old fave - Maybelline Sapphire Hyper Diamonds palette...


In the crease and underneath I used Ink from the Sleek i-Divine V2 Matte palette, still holding its own after two years. And on the waterline I added bhcosmetics Waterpoof Eye Liner in Midnight..


And to lift the whole berry/blue outfit, I slicked on some L'Oreal Color Riche Intense lipstick in the stunning shade of Plum Passion, topped with essence XXXL Shine lipgloss in True Love...


Do you have a favourite Winter warming colour combo?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. I chased down the pomegranate color tattoo on eBay after you mentioned it. I'm glad I did!
    I love the L'Oreal disco ball too. I haven't tried the magenta with blue yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done hon - tickled pomegranate you found it and like it ♥ Hey I STILL haven't tried the purple from the Smoking palette - will have to rectify that asap xxx

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful Kats! Shades of pink suit you really well. :D I'd love to buy and try the Pomegranate Punk tattoo. It looks and sounds right up my alley :D
    Loving the blue and pink combo also. The depth of the two shades work together really well. Another fab creation Kats! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes hon, can imagine the deep pinky red looking fab with your amber eyes hon - I think it's a must for you. Thanks a bunch for the gorgeous comment - as always sugar, your words make me do a little happy dance ♥

      Delete
  3. This look is HOT, sultry and so you, Kat. These colours are such a dreamy combo. What are you wearing on your cheeks, hun? It totally enhances your radiat glow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlin' Indie, this old chooky is sending you a massive hug ♥ Talk about giving a gal a boost - bless you hon! Blush is MODELco Amaretto Sunset, and it's my current fave (featured here at the bottom of the page: http://katscolourings.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/spotlight-rediscovering-powder-blushes.html)

      Delete
  4. I love that combo Kats, looks great with your eye color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet of you to say Magda thanks a bunch hon ♡

      Delete
  5. It's a really pretty look on you! I don't think this combination gets done enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear TP - I agree with you hon, for some reason it's not a very popular combo, no idea why other than I think a lot of gals shy away from anything reddish...

      Delete