Friday 29 August 2014

REVIEW: Mary Kay TimeWise Plus+™ Volu-Fill™ Wrinkle Corrector...

Apart from receiving a Christmas gift pack of body goodies a couple of years ago, I'd had no experience with Mary Kay products, until recently when I was fortunate enough to be chosen by beautyheaven to trial the TimeWise Plus+™ Volu-Fill™ Wrinkle Corrector in early July. Actually it almost didn't happen - my parcel was lost in the post, but the lovely Beth from bh was kind enough to send me a replacement. I've been including it in my skincare routine morning and night since the 30th of July, which means 29 days...


Remember that figure (29), because it's highly significant. Till this magical serum turned up on my doorstep, wrinkle reducing products have had little visible effect on my face. I had considerable cosmetic success with the L'Oreal Revitalift Magic Blur back in March and April, but of course it washes off, and a three month regime of Lapureté gave the fine lines around my eyes a bit of a nudge, but had minimal impact on the deep creases...

But before I start writing anything about Mary Kay TimeWise Plus+™ Volu-Fill™ Wrinkle Corrector, they say that a picture says a thousand words, so I thought I'd show you some unretouched photos of my trouble spots, before and after using the serum. In this first pic, you can see the deep frown furrows between my brows, and a horizontal crease at the top of my forehead - yucko! Is it any wonder I cover them all up with a long, full fringe?

Photo taken end of March 2014 with primer and foundation
The photo below was taken a few days ago under the same lighting conditions (and with the same camera) after just over 3 weeks of use, and as you can plainly see, most of the crease on the left is barely visible, the one on the right doesn't look anywhere near as deep, and the line further up has shrunk...

Photo taken 24/8/2014, bare skin

Moving on to the lower part of my face, here's the awful crevasse on the left side of my mouth as it was back in March. You can also see some razor sharp vertical lines just above my top lip...

Photo taken end of March 2014 with primer and foundation
And here's the same crease (and top lip) as it is now, far less distinct and deep. Actually the texture of the skin directly above my mouth where I've been faithfully applying the serum looks smoother in general - hey, perhaps I should be plastering this stuff all over my whole face!

Photo taken 24/8/2014, with what's left of my foundation at the end of the day
Ok so now I've covered the photographic evidence, I guess I can sum up my experience with this wrinkle corrector in one word - wow!

Not in a million years would I consider botox, but after this, who needs it anyway? This serum is a wonder of the beauty world - it contains retinol and hyaluronic acid, and I suspect these are the two most significant ingredients responsible for the changes in the depth, length and sharpness of my lines. I've been applying it twice a day before my usual serum and moisturiser, and have had zero ill effects - no dryness, flaking, stinging or redness. I made sure I used a day cream and primer containing a high sun screen, plus my my usual foundations are either SPF18 or 20, but other than that, it's been business as usual....


The cream is thick and dense, and has a mattifying effect the instant it touches the skin. It feels a bit tacky at first, but once it completely absorbs (in a matter of seconds), the areas where I've patted it on and gently spread it around feel soft and silky. It has barely any scent, and the only niggly thing abut it is that it's quite difficult to extricate the cream from the tube. With only 15g of product, at first I thought it wouldn't last more than a week, but there seems to be enough serum remaining to keep me going for another 10 days or so... 

Quite frankly, I'm staggered to see such results in a short period of time. The changes were so gradual from day to day that I almost missed them - thank goodness for cameras! It's fairly safe to say that once I've scrounged every last molecule from this tube, I'll be getting my hands on a truckload of this powerhouse - mind you at $88 a pop, I might have to mortgage the house, but compared to what I can only imagine must be the terrifying cost of botox injections (not to mention the side effects), it's an investment I'm not hesitating about for one second. Yay for Mary Kay! My beautyheaven review is here, along with those by the other members of the trial team...

So gals, are you tempted to try this amazing Mary Kay product?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

26 comments:

  1. OMG those results are phenomenal. I think I am going to have to buy it by the bucket load. You must be so pleased Kats. I wouldn't consider botox (even though it has been suggested that I should have it - rude buggers) as I would prefer not to go down the injectible path. I will never say never, but I am definitely saying no at the moment!

    I am seriously impressed with your results Kats - thank you so much for being brave enough to share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate I'm seriously thrilled to bits - sure I still have the lines, but they're way less noticeable. It's quite funny because I wasn't going to rave on all that much about the product...until I saw the comparison photos! I took pics from heaps of angles but I couldn't get the creases to show up as much at all - how about that? But my dear who was the horror who suggested you go with botox? I'd slap 'em severely, what a cheek! You have such a fabulous face hon, it would be CRIMINAL to interfere with any of your expressions...

      Delete
  2. Interesting product!!! nice blog!!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Marcela - I;m excited, you're my first reader from Spain, and how beautiful you are ♥

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your visit!! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
      and I added you by g+ too!!!
      Have a wonderful weekend!!! my g+ and like in bloglovin for your post too!!!:)))

      Delete
    3. Thanks Marcela - hope yours is special too. I think I've done all the following - lol, there's so many places to click!

      Delete
  3. $88/15mL for a little over a month's supply. It is quite pricey, but the results are undeniable!
    I'd be interested in seeing how long the benefits remain AFTER you've run out of product.
    I wonder how you'd go if you used a tube every six months or so?
    Looking great Kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it doesn't come cheap hon. As for how long it lasts, well I may never know because I'm reluctant to stop using it lol! Still I'm bound to run out of funds at some stage - I'll keep you posted ♥

      Delete
  4. You don't need Botox kat
    You are pretty and young forever
    But the serum is really interesting and I like the before and after pics and can see the difference very clearly
    I don't need it at this stage but will definitely keep it in mind
    Have a great weekend
    X


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you gorgeous thing you ♥ Thanks babe - I'm not the slightest bit interested in botox, but I'm more than happy to get a little help from something 100% non-invasive like this stuff. Who knows one day I might even give up my fringe lol... Hope you have a lovely couple of days sweetie xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh that is pretty impressive result for 29 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ailyn I've never had such quick results on my wrinkles before - I'm amazed!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for including photos in your review. A photo is worth 1000 words. You've convinced me, I'm off to buy this amazing product tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they're pretty gory pics Fabulous, and I usually think twice about posting closeups of my ageing skin, but I didn't hesitate this time around because they sure show the difference this amazing serum has made to my wrinkles - hope it works as brilliantly for you too hon ♥

      Delete
  7. Gosh, Kat, I thought your before pics were pretty good, but the after? Amazing results, hun! I've never considered using Mary Kay before, but that has now changed, lol. Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Indie - who would have thought that a Mary Kay product could be so effective? I have no idea what the rest of their range is like, but for me this is their jewel in the crown ♥

      Delete
  8. Great review Kats! The photographic evidence is undeniable, I just want to faceplant myself into a bucket load of that miracle serum :)
    Congratulations too on your first year blog anniversary. Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Claire, after seeing these close ups, I've spotted a few (well more than a few) other areas I need to focus on - gee I wish it came in a giant economy size! Thanks for your lovely wishes hon ♥

      Delete
  9. I am on the lookout for a cream like this to soften my deep furrow lines between my eyebrows. I did have a miracle cream once that completely softened them but no idea what it was now. I can see the great results kats from you using it but at $88 I'm not sure. I'd have to sneak it from hubby to buy it lol.
    I could just myself just plunging my whole face into that bucket of this cream. :-P
    Mary Kay has certainly come a long way. I remember going to a Mary Kay party about 19 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so impressed Mandy - I would have thought one of the mainstream BIG cosmetic companies would be producing something like this, not little old Mary Kay. If I find anything that works as well for a lot less hoochie, I'll sure let you know hon because I'll be buying it for sure xxx

      Delete
  10. Hi Kat! I enjoyed seeing your review!! As a Mary Kay consultant, I have been letting people try this on their thumbs when I am out and about, and their reactions have truly been priceless!! Would you mind if I posted a link to my personal website for those in the United States who would like to get started on this product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all Laura - I'm all for sharing good news ♡

      Delete
  11. Thank you Kat. :-) Ladies (and possibly gentlemen) if you are living in the USA, and would like to get started on this product (or check out our other products) please visit my website at www.marykay.com/lbogart or follow this link directly to this product: http://www.marykay.com/lbogart/en-US/TipsAndTrends/Pages/merchandising-pages/new-timeWise-repair-volu-fill-deep-wrinkle-filler.aspx
    All major debit/credit cards can be used securely, and the product will be to you within 2-3 business days! We are also backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you US ladies are so lucky - it costs $88 here in Australia, and for you it's only $45!

      Delete
  12. I'm very curious to know if you're still using this and what you think of it at this point. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry I missed this comment! No - I found that purchasing was a challenge in my area, took ages for delivery, so I stopped using it. Still think it's a great product though ♥

      Delete