Sunday 10 July 2016

SPOTLIGHT: June Empties!...

Very late with my Empties post for last month, but as you can see it's a bumper issue. Includes items that last for absolutely yonks, most of which are kats-can't-live-withouts, and only one that I wouldn't repurchase. Come to think of it I may have to rename this series Monthly Faves! ...


Crop Natural Concealer Pencil ( RRP $16)
LOVE this little stick of wonders - I use it primarily for reverse outlining my lips, and throughout the day to counteract lipstick bleed. It's made a massive difference to the quality of my LOTD pics because it's dense enough to cover the freckles that abound around (what used to be) my lipline. It's creamy and blends immaculately, and I also use it to help disguise my huge under eye bags. Doesn't crease and after 3 months, there's still almost an inch of the pencil left, but it's too small to sharpen ♥...
Repurchase?
I have three backups in my drawer - Coles regularly has it on special, which is when I stock up ...

Dermalogica AGE Smart Skinperfect Primer (22ml RRP $72.50)
Until recently, this was my numero uno primer, and with an SPF30 content, my go-to skin protector. I've found something even more potent now (IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF50), but this beauty ticks all the boxes as far as mattifying and preparing my complexion for makeup is concerned. A darling friend sent me a tube years ago, and I've been in love with it ever since. This magical product has earned five stars on beautyheaven, and it's no wonder - on good face days, this is all I need to minimize pores and refine my complexion to a point where I can almost get away with no foundation (it has a slight tint). Well almost ...
Repurchase?
For hot humid Summer days, absolutely ...

Lanvin Eclat d’Arpège EDP (30ml RRP $81.50)
In the last 2 years I've considerably expanded my perfume collection, but prior to the blow out, this was my signature Summer scent - raved about it back in 2013, and it's still very close to the top of my list of all time favourite fragrances. Fresh and light, the combination of lilacs and lemons is simply beautiful, elegant and timeless. I usually only wear it in the warmer weather, but there was only a few spritzes left, so I finished up the bottle instead of putting it away for the Winter. Still have never EVER smelt it on any other gal ...
Repurchase?
I scored the 100ml bottle for $49.99 (woo hoo!) from Chemist Warehouse in April, so I'm set for Spring ...

Oral-B 3D White LUXE Toothpaste - Glamorous White (95g RRP $8.99)
My new choice for keeping my choppers in tip top condition. The minty taste is a nice change from my usual Colgate Optic White - it costs $1 more, but well worth it for the crisp freshness it brings to my mouth. Too early to tell if it works any better in the whitening department (my teeth are naturally creamy-coloured), but it's sure keeping the stains and cavities away ...
Repurchase?
Several tubes already stashed away in the bathroom cupboard, bought on special of course ...

True Essentials Micellar Water (125ml RRP $4)
Already covered in my Micellar Magic series, it's not the best of the bunch I've experienced so far, but excellent for what it is, and the price ...
Repurchase?
Yes - as mentioned in my review, it's worth it for the refillable travel size bottle alone ...

Reference of Sweden Repair Treatment Mask REF.550 (250ml RRP $38)
Check out my review HERE. This is a can't-live-without ♥...
Repurchase?
I don't muck around when it comes to what works for me - have already bought the 750ml bottle ...

Imperial Leather Madagascan Vanilla & Cacao Anti-bacterial Handwash (250ml RRP $3.99)
Totally bummed that I can't find this any more, but I'm hanging onto the empty bottle in case I spot the refill somewhere. Another gem that gets five beautyheaven stars. The fragrance is stunning, and washing my hands with this moisturising cream is the first thing I do when I arrive home ...
Repurchase?
I wish. Come on Coles, bring it back! ...

Clearasil Daily Clear Vitamins & Extracts Daily Wash (150ml RRP $10.49)
My second favourite cleanser - been using this for years, and look forward to every session. The avocado and pomegranate scent combo blisses me out, and I especially love the fact that I can leave its pale green creaminess on my face for a few minutes as a mask, and have instantly becalmed and refined skin ...
Repurchase?
Never without this ...

Nude by Nature Nude Face Scrub (150ml RRP $17.95)
Featured this in my December Empties post last year, but I'm including it again because it's simply the BEST! Pricey but unsurpassed. Review HERE ...
Repurchase?
Can't live without it ...

Reference of Sweden REF.050 Shine Spray (200ml RRP $34)
In all my years I've not come across anything else like this for giving my hair instant shine and gleam without any build up of goop. You spray it on like hairspray, and I swear anyone around you will need sunnies to counteract the glare. Review HERE ...
Repurchase?
Can't live without this either ...

The Body Collection Mimosa & Lily Hand & Body Wash (200ml RRP $16.99)
This was in my birthday bag from Mama last year, bless her . Beautiful fragrance, floral with a tinge of sour. Australian made, no SLS, parabens or animal derived products, but not enough moisturising power for me to add it to my list of must-haves...
Repurchase?
Probably not - there are so many other body washes that I adore, and I didn't love this one quite enough to seek out a stockist (independent chemists I believe)...

Imperial Leather Pomegranate & Wild Rose Triple Moisturising Bodywash - Flirtatious (500ml RRP $6.49)
Another one I'm crazy about - Imperial Leather products appear in just about every one of my Empties posts, so you could say I'm a bit of a fan lol! Having trouble finding this too, although I spotted it in Priceline a few months back so will try my luck next weekend. Raved about it almost two years ago HERE ...
Repurchase?
Definitely - this is a must for me for the comfort it brings on cold winter mornings ...

Imperial Leather Exotic Guava & Champaca Triple Moisturising Bodywash - Blue Lagoon (500ml RRP $6.49)
What is it with Coles and Woolworths? They're stocking barely any of this range any more, or in the case of Coles, not at all. I'm sending the biggest BOO to whoever decides what goes on the shelves. I'm totally hooked on the uniqueness of this fragrance, and I don't think I can survive without its fabulous colour in my shower stall. Mind you it's labelled a "Limited Edition", so maybe it's not even made any more. Still pictured on the IL website though. I miss you No.48 - are you out there? Sob... Rave HERE ...
Repurchase?
If only I could ...

Urban Rituelle Fragrance Diffuser Set - Comfort (Sandalwood & Tangerine) (190ml RRP $39.95)
Have had this reed diffuser radiating love and lusciousness in my blogging HQ for seven months - seven months! I'm a Sandalwood nutbag, and pairing it with tangerine can only be described as an inspired flash of pure genius. Warm and spicy, I adore this all year round ...
Repurchase?
Done deal - I'm sitting here basking in its warm embrace as I type ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Phew - if you're still here, congrats! And why not kick off the new week by visiting Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link Up Party - starts on the dot of 6:30am ...

28 comments:

  1. I have a lone freckle on my lipline that bothers me much more than it should! I must check out the Crop concealer. It has to be better than the nude eyeliner I sometimes resort to out of desperation (it actually works quite well though!)

    I love the sound of that vanilla/cocoa handwash. Most antibacterial ones come in fruity scents but this sounds like a lovely warm scent for Winter. Are Coles the only place that sell it or can you pick it up elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya mayday! I use the lightest pencil (I think it comes in two shades) and always manage to find it on special at Coles ♥ The handwash is perfect for cold weather. I believe Chemist Warehouse, Woolies & Priceline have at least some of the range - good hunting hon ♥

      Delete
  2. So many empties! And repurchases - lol!

    I like the sound of the Reference of Sweden Shine Spray. I'll have to look into getting that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a spare Ingrid - I was without it for 3 days once, never again lol! Can only buy it at salons, but there is a link to a list of stockists on my original review post xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of the Dermalogica Age Smart Skin Perfect Primer, too. Which is saying something because I'm not really a primer person. Love the sound of the Flirtatious Body Wash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can't get hold of the IT Cosmetics CC cream (no luck so far, I'm on a waitlist at Sephora) then I'll buy another tube of the Dermalogica for sure, it's so good. Flirtatious is absolutely delish! xxx

      Delete
  4. I have dermalogica's hydrablur to try out, i'm not a regular primer, but I've heard great reviews for all things dermalogica!

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be doing a review of their daily Microfoliant very soon Lily - it's amazing. They make excellent products, and mad keen to read your thoughts on the hydrablur ♥

      Delete
  5. Great job on the empties Kats! Oral-B 3D White Toothpaste is the only whitening tooth paste we use in my house! Love the stuff. Trying to find a natural, green toothpaste that lives up to this one! Tal xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tal - yeah I'm leaning towards the Oral B on a permanent basis, but if you do manage to find a greenie one that does the same job, I'd be onto that in a flash xxx

      Delete
  6. So many empties & repurchases! I'm still going to have to check out the REF hair range, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shell honey, I was in love with the bhave range, but I can't buy it anywhere - the REF products are available locally, and they're just as good, if not better xxx

      Delete
    2. If you fancy getting spendy online, Alive Skin & Hair have the range. It's not as cheap as it used to be though. You can find it here: http://www.aliveskinhair.com.au/all-brands/bhave-hair-products

      Delete
    3. Oh wow Shell - thanks a bunch! I thought I could only buy it at salons, and there's none within cooee of me here ♥♥♥

      Delete
  7. Kats, you did so great with the empties!! woo-hoo! Must feel great! I like that you added the price and size of each item... i might have to copy you! lol xooxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh go for it Amy, I copied someone else! Actually I always put the prices on my main reviews, and I'm adding it to these snapshots as well as the cost is often the clincher in decision making hey ♥♥♥

      Delete
  8. so many empties, well done. I have to check out that concealer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beauty Barbe - I use a brush to blend it, seems to work best that way. I love it because it doesn't contain any nasties, and I can buy it at Coles ♥x♥

      Delete
  9. You have done SO well, sweetie. I seem to take forever and an age to finish anything!

    I am in the market for a new diffuser, any suggestions?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling - interestingly writing up these posts has been an incentive to persist until I get to the bottom of just about everything! My two favourite diffusers are the UR ones I've mentioned in these posts - Comfort and Romance, both fabulous and delish ♥

      Delete
  10. Woooow your empties are amazing haha well done! xx


    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even surprised myself Jasmine lol! Have an awesome weekend hon xxx

      Delete
  11. Gosh what a stash of empties Kat! Great job girlfriend! :D I am so behind with my blogging at the moment as we're packing to move at the end of the month and things are manic here. I think I going to be doing a x3 month empties post in one at this rate. >_< You always have a nice way of making trash look so pretty and look at all of those Imperial Leather products.... ohh nice!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know the feeling only too well Candy - moving house is almost as stressful as a divorce! Try not to worry about the blogging - I'm struggling to keep up the pace too, but there are times when it just has to take a back seat to everything else that's going on in life. Thanks for your lovely words sweetie - hope the move goes smoothly, and look forward to seeing your new gorgeous bedroom in the background of your videos ♥♥♥

      Delete
  12. Looks like you've been busy powering through those products Kats. The Nude by Nature Face Scrub sounds like one I would like to try ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well worth a go hon - it smells absolutely delish, it's gentle yet effective, and contains lots of yummy ingredients ♥♥♥

      Delete
  13. Wow! Is it weird to say you go through a lot of body wash? Although, I'm the only one using mine in my house, and I also use bars of soaps too. Can't believe you used up that whole concealer, it must be good! Do you think it'd be okay on my skin tone? My under eye circles be coming out the play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mel, you're so cute and you SO made me laugh! Let me explain - I use a very VERY wide variety of body washes, and rotate them depending on the season. It LOOKS like I go through a lot, but some of these were almost empty from last Winter, so it didn't take all that long to finish them ♥ I believe the concealer comes in a deeper shade, not sure if it would be ok for you if you want to use it as a concealer - I use it more as a highlighter than a concealer, so I go for the lightest shade. It's a beauty though - I've almost finished the one that's in my take-to-work makeup bag too!

      Delete