Wednesday 6 July 2016

SPOTLIGHT: Jewellery Collection Part 3 (Lovisa Haul 2 & 3)...

Ahhh June - my second favourite time of the year  The first is Christmas (for obvious reasons, including the fact that here in Oz it's Summer, and when I take my holidays), but mid-year is close to my heart for the simple reason that it's SALE TIME! Every year I work my budget so I have funds in reserve to take advantage of the massive savings that abound, and hopefully the pot gets replenished with my tax return - well that's the plan anyway! This year I concentrated on boosting my jewellery collection, and Lovisa (bless 'em) came to the party with huge price reductions. So here's haul pic #2...


All up I've spent just under $200 over four visits, and scored items with an RRP of $686.50! Mind you, I've blown the jewellery budget for the rest of the year, but hey, I'm more than satisfied with what I bought. Anyways enough of the financials, let's get on with where some of the above goodies fit in my kit...

Below is my modest but growing collection of Rose Gold bits and pieces. Some of these items were gifts from friends and family, and the others were sourced at either Lovisa or BigW. I fell in love with the feathery metal earrings in the centre - they're really quite striking, and I have nothing else even vaguely like them. For years I wore mainly small studs, so this style is quite a "break-out" for me 



And here's a combo that's new to my kit. Who knew that grey and gold would look so stunning together?  It all started with the grey stone pendant necklace ($5 from a mall stall), and I've been gradually scouting for other pieces in various stores. Funnily enough I plucked out the earrings on the left from the "retro" box I have stashed away - I've had them for more years than I care to remember and never EVER worn them! The new ones top right from Lovisa were too good to pass up - each little gem is interleaved like feathers and they hang together so elegantly...



When I'm choosing accessories, I don't just go for colour - sometimes I try and build a collection based on a theme or style, and that what I'm aiming at below. I don't know what to call this - Tibetan, Inca, Mayan? Who knows, but they seem to go together. I found the necklace only recently in a store my parents frequent, and where they've picked up some gorgeous pieces for me over the years - for less than $20, I just HAD to have it. The wrist cuff and earrings were a half-price bargain from Target, and I couldn't believe my luck when I found the ring at Lovisa...


As you can imagine, this series is going to be a long one lol! I'm having so much fun gathering everything together and taking the photos, and soon I'll be revealing how I store all this stuff - believe me it's quite a challenge, but one I'm revelling in 

Take care of you,
kats xxx 

10 comments:

  1. What a magnificent haul Kat, such pretty pieces. I'm the same with earrings - I'm most comfortable with small studs and it's a bit outside my comfort zone to wear danglies, although I'm trying to more often! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVED the ones you recently posted on Instagram Di - so feminine and pretty and elegant. More please!

      Delete
  2. I went in the other day and my necklace is STILL not on sale! I say "my" because it WILL be mine. Oh, yes. It will be mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Beth, you have me absolutely intrigued as to WHICH ONE IS IT? Can you give me a clue, like colour or what it's made of?

      Delete
    2. It's a big old statement one with crystal flowers (which doesn't narrow it down) but I think it's meant to be semi precious or something. I'll have to snap it next time. PS sorry for late reply, I never click notify me because I don't want notifications of everyone else's comments!

      Delete
    3. Oh please do - you never know, MY store might have it on special and I can pick it up for you. I never click notify me either lol ♥

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'm loving the bling Kat! I've bought a rose gold headband, but it's a bit too dressy for regular day wear. I love the ethnic/tribal pieces too - I particularly love that Aztec pendant! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds gorgeous neurotic - haven't even BEGUN to explore hair accessories, probably best if I don't lol! Heaps more in the pipeline hon xxx

      Delete
  4. Love all your jewellery Kats! I love seeing all your finds. You inspire me to pull out my jewellery and actually remember to wear it! Tal xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Tal - I love writing about all the bits and pieces I'm acquiring, and having lots of fun with the piccies too. Only one drawback - I'm rapidly running out of storage space lol! Would LOVE to see some of your "accessories" hon ♥

      Delete