Saturday 19 May 2018

SPOTLIGHT: 1st Quarter 2018 Fave LOTD's - Part 2...

Following on from Part 1, here are my recent personal Fave LOTD's in the nude, coral, pink, berry and purple families ♥ Kinda proud of myself for including more than one row of nudey examples - maybe I'm mellowing in my old age lol? Can't imagine that I'll ever stop wearing the bold reds, pinks and purples, or the deeper browns and berries though - too much fun!


I'm not faithful to any particular brand, although I do have quite a few more Maybelline and NYX lip products than any other. But there are lippies from 15 different companies here, hopefully some you might be inspired to try. So here we go, starting with...the nudes...


1. NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream - Speed Of Light. Almost always in one of these posts, can't rave enough about the formula (some other brands do metallics that set like plastic, and peel off like plastic), and my local Priceline now has a spot for them on the stand - yes!!!...
2. Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick - Beige Trench. Lovely pinky nude with the perfect balance of comfort and lasting power. My love affair with Bourjois continues unabated...
3. Cosmoholic Liquid Lipstick - Prudish Pink. Via Lipmonthly, this is the same company that makes my #1 gold gloss, so dense, so glossy...


4. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - Vintage Pink. This one appears almost every time - adore!
5. Revlon Matte Balm - Sultry Sulfureuse. I've never been all that enthused with stick balms as they're usually not dense enough to hide my freckles, however this one has exceptional coverage...
6. Eye Of Horus Bio Cleo Goddess Lipstick - Plum. Lovely colour, but I'll admit I was a little disappointed, was hoping it would be a deeper shade (this appears to be the brightest and boldest in their range and for me it's only a notch above nude), but the formula is lovely and like their fabulous Goddess eye pencils, all natural...


7. Models Prefer Artist Collection Crayon - Flushed. Always a soft spot for corals, and this is a pretty one for around $1.50...
8. Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - In With Coral. I think this is the third or fourth one I've purchased, so dreamy and creamy...
9. Hola Neon Velvet Liquid Lipstick - Party Pop. Thanks Lipmonthly - another winner, and with an almost metallic sheen...


10. Bobbi Bown Crushed Lip Color - Watermelon. A gift from the beautyheaven Glosscar Marketplace event, and my first ever from this brand. One of the few mattish style lipsticks out there that is comfortable to wear all day, and it will survive a meal...
11. Mirenesse Matfinity Rouge Liquid Lipstick - Ibiza. Streaky, but such a pretty vibrant pink...
12. Avon Mark Lipstick - Reddy To Go. I have a few of these from mag cover freebies, and I'm impressed with both the packaging and the contents. Just have to find out where I can buy them...


13. Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid - Berry Boost. I need to dig all these out and wear them heaps more - so moist, never streaky, stunning shades...
14. Mirenesse Lip Bomb - #3. I've had this for ages and it shows no signs of going off - beautiful colour, rich and dense liquid that keeps my lips supple and moist...
15. L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick - Eternal Rose. Can't decide if this is shocking pink or neon pink, but it sure packs a punch, and of course L'Oreal lippies are always so reliable...


16. Mirenesse Shona Lip Art Ombre Stick - Noosa Duo. Love these colours and there's plenty of moisture, although it takes a while to get the hang of applying it. One of those lippies where half the stick is pale and the other is deep, and when applied correctly, you get an ombre-like finish without having to fiddle with blending or carrying around two lipsticks. But you have to remember to turn it around before you apply to the second lip so that the deeper shade ends up on the outside...
17. Bellapierre Kiss Proof Lip Creme - Orchid. This was yet another Lipmonthly surprise. It looks like a full-on lip shriveller but it isn't, in fact I'll say it's the most comfortable totally matte liquid formula I've ever tried, and it stays put FOREVER...
18. NYX Intense Butter Gloss - Spice Cake. You know, I look at this picture and wonder how on EARTH I don't wear this every day - it's just to die for...


19. Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance Lipstick - Orchid. Gorgeous, GORGEOUS lipstick, I raved about it HERE...
20. NYX LUV Out Loud Cream Lipstick - LOLO3. The only reason this is here is the colour - be still my beating heart! Sadly the formula somewhat sucks the juice out of my lips - it's bearable, but I won't be buying any more from this set...
21. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick - Amethyst. The suede range appears to be super popular - I find it quite drying, but for that colour, I'll put up with just about anything!...

Would love to know which ones of these you like ...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

14 comments:

  1. I really love them all but my favorites would be 13, 14, 15...I love Eternal Rose...its so close to a lolly Pink...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Fawn - a lover of true pinks! Yes that L'Oreal one was a pleasant surprise - I amaze myself how many lipsticks I buy without swatching, but I've been exceptionally lucky with the ones I've bought blindly, some duds of course, but not this one xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh Kat, it's too hard to pick a favourite. All the shades just look so beautiful on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Indie, you say the kindest, sweetest things ♥ I'm fortunate that my combination of warm freckles and cool undertone kind of ends up being neutral so I can get away with quite a range of colours, probably too many ha ha! xxx

      Delete
  3. Nope, haven’t changed my mind. The speed of light is still my favourite bit I also like the Mirenesse Noosa duo. I haven’t heard of the two tone lippies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol **Okatko** that metallic NYX has your name on it! The two-colour lipsticks are quite an interesting innovation, and I just love this particular combo xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm loving that second half - the BRIGHTS! I've never heard of Bellapierre before. It sounds like a winner, I like the enduring lippies. I've got so many lippies I'm trying to stop buying them, but - hmm, you know what that's like!

    I love these mini-reviews, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hon - so glad you enjoy these micro ramblings. I take at least 20 lippie photos every month so maybe I should post them up here more frequently. It's fun for me to see them bundled together too - I use them as a reference when I KNOW I've got the perfect colour somewhere in my kit, but can't remember which one it is ♥

      Delete
    2. Yes, DO post them more frequently!

      Delete
    3. Will see what I can come up with misfortun8!

      Delete
  5. I just purchased that Eye of Horus Cleo Plum lipstick the other day! It was the only other one I wanted, aside from Venus Pink (which I already own). I did a quick swatch on my lips over the weekend & it pulls a bit more purple on me than you, but that may be because I'm cooler in skin tone than your lovely self (and my lips are quite pigmented naturally). I've tossed up about buying Freya Rose too, but I haven't been impressed with the shade once swatched onto my hand. It looks NOTHING like rose at all! (Or at least in my mind it doesn't.)

    Oh & in terms of faves here, 3-12 are all up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Shell - I think you're right about the EOH lippie, my lips are quite pale naturally, which is why I go for the dense kind. I bought that one blind, but probably won't go for any others as I reckon they'll be too washed out on me. Delighted there are some others here you like hon ♥x♥

      Delete
  6. Your swatches are always so useful as a guide to which lipsticks I want to buy next! I'm loving the berry shades in the second last row the best, especially the NYX Intense Butter Gloss - Spice Cake! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ingrid honey, thanks so much for your feedback - I'm always hoping that what I post might come in handy for someone else so I really appreciate you letting me know ♥ And how about that Spice Cake? SOOOO intense and divine for a gloss hey xxx

      Delete