Wednesday 25 December 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite November 2019 LOTD's...

Sneaking in a second LOTD post - I don't want to start the year on the back foot! A couple of new ones in this batch and some old faithfuls that never let me down. And of course, the return of the reds (yay!) that took a breather in October ...

Collage of 12 Lipsticks worn in November

Brown, pink & coral lips as detailed below

1. Color by TBN - Caramello Queen. Only discovered this brand in June at Price Attack - loved what I bought so I went back and rifled through the bowl for more colours, which I couldn't swatch, but for the price ($4.95) I didn't give a hoot. Total bargain - smooth, creamy, moist, and I'm a goner for this soft brown ...
2. Covergirl Colourlicious - Ravish Raspberry. Had this a long time - slightly more pink than my-lips-but-better, super comfortable and wears well. I reckon Covergirl lipsticks are underrated in the lipstick world ...
3. Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance 50th Anniversary - Coral Silk. Isn't this just the softest, prettiest coral? Nutrimetics lipsticks are up near the top of my list of faves for comfort & value (when they're on special), and their colours are just that bit different to what else is out there. Sadly this is a limited edition, full review HERE ...

Coral, orange & red lips as detailed below

4. NYX Liquid Suede - Life's a Beach. Hard to go past this baby when I want a pinky coral. Not as hydrating as I'd like, but I adore the colour so much, it's a keeper ...
5. Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance - Russett. Oh, why don't I wear this more often? Such an unusual orange, kinda burnt, and lots of red content - it's very autumnal but looks amazing with navy, black and grey, so that makes it an all-year-rounder for moi ...
6. Maybelline Colorsensational Matte - Craving Coral. This little darling is almost luminous! No way is it coral, more like scarlet, and as sassy as that gal in Gone With the Wind. Comfier than I expected from a matte - yep MNY has my heart ...


3 red lips as detailed below

7. NYC - Retro Red. Another one I plucked out during the cull - ain't letting go of this one in a hurry though, that extra bit of glossy sheen gets me every time ...
8. Maybelline Colorsensational Made For All - Red For Me. You KNOW I love this range - probably has two more micro-millilitres of blue (or green, not sure) in it than the previous one, but it's easy to tell them apart IRL. LOVE! ...
9. Covergirl Katy Kat Matte - Crimson Cat. I swear every single one of my red lippies is different lol! Love this one as it's verging on tomato, and sometimes I need this EXACT slightly softer red shade to match my outfit ...


Plum & two bright pink lips as detailed below

10. Jane Iredale Triple Luxe Long Lasting Naturally Moist - Ella. Another one I forgot about after Winter - kicking myself though as it's a stunner. One of the best formulas around, and looks sensational with pastels like beige, pink & cream ... 
11. Color by TBN - Made in Magenta. Yes, one more find from the Price Attack fish bowl - super pretty. I have quite a few magentas in my kit, and each one has unique shade qualities. Love the way this one almost glows ...
12. IBY Beauty High Intensity - Mardi Gras. Not as hydrating as some, but with a toe in purple-land that gives it some extra punch, I've moved this to the front of the box - summer is the time for whoa pinks! ...

Hope you're having the most wonderful day with your families, and may your 2020 be truly awesome!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you Kats :D

    Im loving that Coral Silk Shade. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fawn - hope you'll get a little time for yourself amidst all the business. Mmm yes the Coral Silk is so soft and girlie hey - at first I thought it was too pale for me, but with peachy and cream coloured outfits, it's comes alive ♥

      Delete
  2. Three faves for me this month, can’t choose between them: Coral Silk, Retro Red, Red For Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MerryGoRound, I love that you chose two bold out-there reds AND a delicate pastel. As you know I'm up for anything ha ha ♥

      Delete
  3. Some lovely Reds Kats. Love the Maybelline Red For Me and I do remember your Blog Post on the Maybelline lipsticks and did make a note to pick one up - that was back in July! Yet to do so - a timely reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've even found that one at the supermarket Kassalee, maybe even on special at some stage!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving all the reds Kats. They are so close I can't pick between them.

    ReplyDelete