Monday 30 December 2019

REVIEW: Colour by TBN Lipsticks...

Over the last six months, I've been gathering some Colour by TBN Lipsticks from their range to add to my (already ridiculously huge) lippie collection (oops), and I thought it was about time they had their moment in the spotlight because they really are something special ...


I found them in a perspex fishbowl near the counter in my local Price Attack store. For $3.95, they can't be beat for value. Vegan and cruelty-free (what?) there are 20 shades in the range - a mix of gloss, demi-matte and pearlised finish. No purple, but I won't hold that against them because the formula of these pout-paints is smooth and creamy, comfortable to wear, and they last well with little transfer. The packaging is amazing for the price - quite sturdy, colour-coded to reflect the contents, and the lids click firmly in place. The base is a clear box containing some of the product so you can see exactly what you're getting. What's not to love? ...


So let's get on with the swatches so you can see how gorgeous these shades truly are  (I'm listing them in order of their numbering). Some of these have already appeared in my monthly faves so the bullets aren't pristine, but I'm including them so you can see all the colours together...

Oh My Melon (924)


I adore this shade, but like many orangey ones, it's a bit streaky and doesn't apply (or wear) all that evenly. I get around that by applying a closely matching liner all over my lips and then slicking this over the top. It's more like a bright orange coral than a melon, but it's such a happy summery colour hey ...


Teak-alicious (928)


Quite a bright red that's softened by a tinge of brown, light enough to wear all year round though, this will go with anything except maybe pastels ...


Raisin Rage (930)


I've worn this one a few times already - similar to the one before, but more subdued and with more brown. Still bold enough and perfect if you don't want your lips to be too loud - this looks SO good with khaki and olivey shades ...


Vampira (931)


Mmm now you're talking - doesn't get much more blood red than this, and aptly named. The darker shades do stain the lips a little, which I prefer but it comes off easily with makeup remover ...


Blackforest Babe (932)


For those of you who love your lips all dark and broody  I'll probably put this aside till Autumn when I can pair it with black, navy and claret velvets - ooh yes, looking forward to it ...


Made in Magenta (935)


I have a stack of magentas in my kit, but none with quite as much depth and wow power as this one. Magnificently pigmented, I gave it a test run back in November with a black, white and grey outfit - totally lifted it out of the doldrums. Made in heaven ...


Love Seat (937)


The palest of this set, it's an unusual shade - kind of peachy with a tad more red than the other lobster or apricot ones in my stash. It also has a pearlised finish\ which I love - I think the soft shimmery formulas are so flattering to us older gals ...


French Kiss (938)


Well now, how pretty is this pink? This is what I would call a deep rose - a shade I rarely wear because I don't think it suits me all that much. But this one has changed my mind - I absolutely love it  It's also the most matte-ish of all the ones I have, but still moist enough to be comfortable ...


Caramello Qween (940)


Love me a soft juicy brown, and this one ticks all my boxes. It's deeper than it looks in the bullet picture above, but because it's a pearly one, the light bounces off and makes it look paler than it is. Toffee lovers rejoice! ...

Well, nine down, eleven to go lol! If you want to see the entire colour range, there are pics HERE although they're not all that accurate colour-wise. But I'll be buying more, so I hope you'll come back for the next round ...

Have you tried any of these Colour by TBN lipsticks? Which one of the above is your fave?

Take care of you, and Happy New Year lovelies!
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. Oh my....These look and sound awesome. Ive not heard of them at all but now I will have to keep an eye out as they are certainly within my tight budget.

    I am going to continue to try very hard to reduce my stash of everything over the next year mind you. I am hoping to renovate my bathroom in a years time. Not sure if I will be able to but its the dream and if it is to happen it means I will have to empty out the bathroom...eck...that would be a big job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen them anywhere except for Price Attack, but I believe some of the smaller chemists may stock the range. Crikey - vacating the bathroom? Now that's gonna be a challenge, but well worth it for the result. I do so hope your dream comes true Fawn ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks like a decent brand to include in my #itsinthebag donations for women in need each festive season. Thanks for the intro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect hon, and how kind and thoughtful of you to put goodies together for gals who might otherwise miss out ♥

      Delete
  3. Never tried that brand , I will give it a go for sure .The red shades look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are two more reds Raluca, but my local is out of stock at the mo - I'll certainly be on the lookout for Bite Me & Roses Are Red ♥

      Delete
  4. If anyone knows their lipstick, it's you! Woah! that Vampira shade is a showstopper! Definitely keep a look out for this brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Kassalee, well I know what colours I like and yes the Vampira is a stunner - I like that their red shades are a bit different to the usual ♥

      Delete
  5. Oh My Melon, Teak-alicious, Raisin Rage and Vampira. Black forest babe is getting a little too dark for me. Love the name Bite Me. Its what I say to my husband. A Lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful i got my fifth shade now :)

    ReplyDelete