Sunday 8 December 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite October 2019 LOTD's...

Whoops, December kinda snuck up on me - this post was supposed to go up last week (when it was still November), but the lure of becoming Christmas-ready was too great, and I succumbed. While I'm bummed if I don't manage to upload something every weekend, right now I'm feeling pretty satisfied with myself for finishing off the pressie shopping, and just this afternoon I found a home for the last string of solar lights in the garden. As for the lipstick collection, I'm STILL culling, and boy doesn't it feel good ...




1. BYS - The Golden Ticket.  No tube included in the pic because it's looking too battered and worn, but the lipstick itself is still in great shape after at least 2 years. This one turns out different every time I wear it depending on the shade of lipliner I use underneath, and it also goes so well over the top of anything else if I want to add a bit of golden lustre into the mix ...
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Gold GoddessDitto this one although it's relatively young in comparison. More of an orangey gold though and doesn't look half bad on its own, just a bit pale for me so a reasonably pigmented liner is a must. Of course, it has the same usual Revlon formula which is moist and lush ...
3. Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Sandstorm.  Every time I trot this out I think it will be the last time, but it never turns out that way - just as creamy and shimmery as it was the day it joined the team, which is years ago. Sadly not included in the shade range any more ... 



4. Maybelline ColorSensational Made For All - Mauve For Me.  Yes again! Can't not wear this at least once or twice in a month - goes with just about anything, still hanging out for more in this range, like orange or purple, please ...
5. Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color - Watermelon. Stunningly vibrant coral shade, one of the most comfortable lipsticks I've ever come across, gorgeous packaging, need more ...
6. Maybelline Colordrama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - In With Coral. Not quite as bold as the previous BB one, but we're talking under $10 instead of $46, so I can have four of these lol! The best lip crayon around for comfort. colour range and price ...



7. NYC Lipstick - Ruby. She's just so pretty and soft - I have three from this brand and they're all lovely, moist and last well ...
8. Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid - Rebel Red.  MNY lip products seem to have a very long life - this is three years old, and not showing any signs of throwing in the towel. It's not matte, but that's one of the many reasons I love it, and it's just so sassy ...
9. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - Sloane's Plum. Who said darker lipsticks are for the cooler months? Not me, although I do tend to wear brighter and lighter shades as the temperature climbs. Still, this one has enough colour oomph to look fab with anything, except maybe red or orange, so I'm not packing it away ...



10. NYX Intense Butter Gloss - Spice Cake. This one appears regularly here, and why not - it's simply divine, and truly one of my all-time favourite shades ...
11. Ulta3 Lipstick - Lilac Glow. Well hello my pretty. Is this peony pink? I think so, and I really MUST pluck this out more often. For $4.95, you can't go wrong with this range, especially with 17 colours to choose from ...
12. L'Oreal Color Riche Balmain - Freedom. Last outing for this one. To-die-for purple, but the formula is one of the biggest disappointments I've had in lipstick-land. Totally sucks the juice out of my lips, and it goes on patchy. The presentation is stunning but sadly the contents don't match. So glad I only bought one ...

Would any of these suit you?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

5 comments:

  1. Maybelline Mauve For Me, still a favourite for me Kats. Versatile all-rounder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gem hey MerryGoRound - if I didn't get bored so easily, I'd wear it every day lol!

      Delete
  2. Love seeing such a range of colours, and you wear them so well. Yellow browns just don't suit me, but they look great on you! What a shame about the lipstick from the Balmain collection, because as you said, the packaging is so nice. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely feedback Indie - the golden browns don't work quite as well now that my hair is ashy, but I still persist because they go with quite a few of my wardobe pieces. As for the Balmain lippy, I couldn't believe they would go to all that trouble with the packaging, and then include poor quality contents!

      Delete
  3. Maybelline ColorSensational Made For All - Mauve For Me is such a good "goes with anything" lippy.
    I do like NYC Lipstick - Ruby, although the name is a little deceiving. NYX Intense Butter Gloss - Spice Cake would be my other fave.

    ReplyDelete