Friday 31 January 2020

REVIEW: Maybelline Smoked Roses Lipsticks...

Thanks to my friend Sparkle 77, I was inspired to go poking around the Maybelline stand at Chemist Warehouse and fell instantly in lip-love with their new Smoked Roses range. Of course, it helped that they were half price at the time, but I was pretty strong and didn't indulge in the entire set, just the three that I absolutely adored ...


 Frozen Rose (305)


Be still my beating heart! This is a tad paler than I would normally wear, but it was just too gorgeous to not add to my collection. So creamy and dreamy ...



Steamy Rose (320)


From creamy and dreamy to steamy! Love this medium pink, and it's very flattering to my particular skin tone. Have worn this with black and white, but it's the kind of pink that will go with blues and greens too, both pastels and deeper hues ...



Blushed Rose (340)


I love them all but this is my favourite of the three - so unusual. Not a coral, not a red, but way more than a pink. I rocked it with aqua, but it will also be stunning with olive, navy and emerald...


They're the usual fantastically softening, moisturising and brilliantly pigmented Colour Sensational formula, and it's no secret that I have more Maybelline lipsticks in my kit than any other brand ...


Have you indulged in any of these new colours?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. I love the lighter one on you! It's light but not too pale 😍💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - it's a pretty shade hey, the formula is dense so despite being a light shade, it still has oomph ♥

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness they are all beautiful. I actually really like the pale one a lot.

    I am being super good so far this year and not spending money I dont have on beauty products. I have spent a grand total so far of $5 and that was because I had a $10 voucher for my livelife pharmacy so I added $5 to it and purchased a bottle of perfume. I had however use my 50ml bottle of Daisy but it doesnt help my plan to reduce my perfume collection. Oh well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was literally love at first swatch! Congrats Fawn on your strength to get through a month of post-Christmas sales and only spend $5 - I'm now spritzing every night before bed to use up some of my scent collection, love drifting off to fragrant sleep ♥

      Delete
  3. The Blushed Rose looks so beautiful on you, and they do look so shiny and pigmented too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariane thank you - the formula has always been a fave, very rich and hydrating with just the right amount of gloss ♥

      Delete
  4. Love the dusty purply greige tones in the first one! Kinda cool and different! They all are gorg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You described it really well Yohanna - too much greige and I look sick, but this is perfect with just a hint ♥

      Delete
  5. Lovely. I cans see why you had to get all three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MerryGoRound, lol it was tough, and yesterday I picked up the 4th one I was wavering over. It's called Dusk Rose and it's even more gorgeous than I remembered ♥

      Delete