Saturday 4 January 2020

REVIEW: L'Occitane Immortelle Reset Overnight Oil-In-Serum...

For months I've gazed longingly at the Immortelle Reset window display in my local L'Occitane outlet while riding up and down the escalator in the mall. There was something about the colours and harmony of the arrangement that was both captivating and calming in amongst the retail hustle and bustle, and I just kept thinking "one day...".  Well, that day finally arrived (24 hours after my tax return hit the account actually) and I entered the inner sanctum of the store to fulfil at least one of my skincare dreams ...

L'Occitane Overnight Reset Oil-In-Serum bottle sitting on the box

I resisted the urge to indulge in a whole bunch of their other magical lotions and potions and restricted myself to two bottles of this Overnight Reset Oil-In-Serum. Somewhere along the way I had scored a teeny tiny sample bottle (which was enough for almost a week) and fallen totally and utterly in love with the fragrance, the whole nightly application experience, and my rejuvenated appearance next morning. So it was kind of a done deal that the moment my budget would permit, this beautiful cocktail of skin-loving ingredients would take pride of place on my vanity ...

L'Occitane Overnight Reset Oil-In-Serum bottle in front of 3 flowers

The presentation is exquisite - the femininely curved glass is tinted ombre-style, starting with a deep blue at the top, shading down through a reddish-purple, with the bottom half clear so that you can see the golden orbs of Immortelle Oil Extract suspended in the serum. Every time I look at it, my inner bee sees those little yellow balls as pollen, and I can't help but buzz with excitement lol! The scent is one of the most beautiful I have ever encountered in a skincare product. To me it encapsulates nature's divinity - pure and natural, it's the perfect balance of honey nectar and floral bloom that's neither sweet nor sour ...

L'Occitane Overnight Reset Oil-In-Serum bottle plus box

Despite it being labelled as "oil-in-serum" I don't find it oily at all - it has excellent slip so massaging it into the skin is effortless, and the softening effect is outstanding. After applying, there's a very light and nourishing film left on the skin, which left alone, absorbs completely within 5 minutes leaving the surface satiny smooth (I usually hold off adding my usual moisturiser until the serum has sunk in completely). I've almost finished the first bottle, and my complexion has lost the dullness that has crept in over the years, plus I reckon my skin looks plumper and more vital, the sharpness of my lines has fuzzed, and there's not a hint of dryness in my cheeks any more ...

L'Occitane Overnight Reset Oil-In-Serum bottle in front of 3 flowers

I'm totally sold on this elixir from nature - the combination of oil and serum is a brilliant innovation, the best of both hydrating worlds. And my evening ritual was something I would often postpone until just before retiring, but now it's become a priority as soon as I'm home from work if for no other reason than the pleasure it brings me. The challenge now is to rework my budget ($95 for 30ml) so I can continue on with the nightly bliss and improvements this gorgeous product has already delivered ...

Have you experienced the joy of this serum yet?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

7 comments:

  1. You've sold me Kats! How beautifully worded and what a delight to read - I didn't want it to end. I'll be on the lookout for a sample.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kassalee what wonderful feedback - thank you sweetheart. I'm so glad I had some time on my hands to give this beauty the review it deserves. Bon chance with the sample!

      Delete
  2. Just the photos make me want to buy it! Serum does sound beautiful the way you described it Kats =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yohanna, thanks for your lovely comment - what a treat to read you here! The serum really is something special ♥

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks amazing, and your pictures are the most beautiful ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ariane - I do so love to make things look as pretty and harmonious as possible ♥

      Delete
  4. Its now on my "look for it on sale" list Kats.

    ReplyDelete