Monday 13 April 2020

Colour by TBN Lipsticks - Part 2...

Back in December (HERE), I reviewed nine of the lipsticks from the Colour by TBN range - absolutely loved them (especially for $3.95 & cruelty-free!), so much so I've been visiting my local Price Attack on a regular basis, waiting for them to restock. Well, it finally happened a few weeks ago (pre-COVID), and I found another six that, from the packaging, looked like they would serve me well, and indeed, these are all terrific for my particular colouring, although the last one is a wee bit pale but still totally wearable ...

Colour by TBN lipstick cases with decorative flower prop

There are 20 in the range, so with these six new babes, I have 15 of them! Only missing three that I really want - Going Taupeless (looks like a purple-pink), Bite Me (deep red), & Sugar & Spice (bold pink), the other two (Ice Queen & Candy Man) will be way too light, so I'll give those a miss...

Colour by TBN lipstick cases with labels

And so, it's on with the swatches!...

Why So Orange...

Colour by TBN - Why So Orange swatch and bullet

Oh yum - doesn't get much more vibrant or juicier than this citrus delight. Has quite a bit of red in it - in fact, I'm calling it a rorange (just made that up lol) ...


Roses Are Red...

Colour by TBN - Roses Are Red swatch and bullet

Who doesn't love a bold and bright red now that the weather is cooling down, the days are shorter, and dull days will be far more frequent? This hydrating scarlet is the perfect antidote! ...


My Milkshake...

Colour by TBN - My Milkshake swatch and bullet

Gee, I don't know what this has to do with milkshakes - maybe a strawberry one? Can't decide if this is a coral or a rose - either way, it's such a gorgeous colour, n'est-ce pas? ...


Birthday Suit...

Colour by TBN - Birthday Suit swatch and bullet

Aptly named, this is one of those my-lips-but-better shades. On my lips it's a nude, although it does have a tinge of terracotta ...


Mocha-Chino...

Colour by TBN - Mocha-Chino swatch and bullet


I love a warm soft brown, and while this one is more of a latte, it will certainly see some outings with the biscuity beiges, and even the golden tans in my wardrobe ...


Souffle All Day...

Colour by TBN - Souffle All Day swatch and bullet

Same goes for this one - borderline too pale but just scraped through. Love how creamy it is, makes me think of butterscotch cream pie ...

Six Colour by TBN lipsticks laid out in the shape of a fan

These are such terrific value - which one(s) would you choose for yourself?


Take care of you, and keep safe,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow.....My Milkshake is the one im drawn to. Sadly i dont have a Price Attack near me but next time Im near one.....who knows when that will be now...lol I will have to pop in and see if they have these. $3.95 sounds perfect for my now strict budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fawn, yes who knows when we'll be able to move freely again! I sure have a far greater appreciation of freedom, let's hope it's soon hey ♥

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous colours , it is difficult to pick up a favourite. I have to try this brand one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they Raluca? I'm really so impressed with the quality of these lipsticks - both the packaging and the product itself are on a par with ones I've tried that are at least 3 times the price, amazing ♥

      Delete
  3. $3.95???? If I didn’t have a plethora of lippies to get through...... I like my milkshake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - the price is crazy huh? I'm so impressed with the quality - a lot of low end lipsticks have cheap packaging, but these are solid as a rock ♥

      Delete