Wednesday 28 May 2014

LOTD: Australis Waltz...

Time to experiment with some new cooler weather lip colours! This is what I wore with Monday's Taupe-ified Essence Caramel EOTD. I'm not usually a great fan of browns on my pucker - I'm far more inclined to go with a deep nude or a coral, a hot pink or even a red with my winter outfits, but I've had this Australis Waltz in my make up drawer for around 18 months, and decided to give it an airing, and perhaps change my opinion of what I normally term a muddy mouth :-)

So I started by lining and filling in my lips with Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip liner in Cappuccino - I have almost half a dozen of these Rimmel lip liners now after scoring a couple more in the recent Chemist Warehouse half price sale :-)


And here is Australis Colour Inject Waltz - a rich shimmery bronze that I've so rarely worn mainly because it's such a deep hue, and I really don't have much in my wardrobe that it teams all that well with. But now that I think about it, a bright orange top might give it a lift - I'll work on it :-)


To warm and soften it a little, I added Mirenesse 3D Forever Gloss in Slip of Beige. It's a pretty nudey colour, a tad too pale for me to wear alone, but exceptionally versatile over the top of just about any lipstick shade, and this range of glosses is my favourite of the Mirenesse ones - supremely moisturising, creamy and light, and not the slightest bit sticky...




How do you feel about brown lip shades? Do you have a particular fave?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. I'm actually a fan of the brown shades for my lips! Not sure why. But this particular colour definitely looks better with the gloss :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it Jasmine - I think I have another one somewhere in my kit, must dig it out and give it a shot. I agree with you though - the gloss makes this particular one far more wearable xxx

      Delete
  2. I like this better with the gloss too but I also find brown hard to pull off personally, it makes me feel very 90's and I've yet to find a look that I think compliments it well on my face. I've also been trying out orange lipsticks lately.. they look so bad on me it's comical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hailey, thanks hon I'd forgotten all about the 90's! Orange can be tricky - I have a couple that look a bit strange on me, they tend to be the ones with more yellow in them, but if I add a bit of pink or red, they're ok - but then I think why don't I just wear coral and be done with it?

      Delete
  3. I personally ever wear brown shades on my lips, the pinks and reds just draw me in and win over the browns every time! Although your photos look beautiful so I may need to change my tune, especially for Autumn, it is the perfect shade right now. The gloss makes it look even prettier too. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Candy I'm doing my best to work my way through all my "never wear this again" products - I'm finding I'm changing my opinion in quite a few instances, which is always a nice surprise. Thanks for your lovely comment hon :-)

      Delete
  4. This is a great Autumn colour, Kat. One that I would shy away from, but boy, it looks great with your complexion, hun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indie hon - it needs the warmth of the beige gloss, but I'm no longer discounting it :-)

      Delete
  5. Sorry I've been a bit absent lately my beautiful :-( I've been thinking of you and kats colourings alot lately.
    I'm on the same page as Indie :-) this colour combo is so perfect for you and is the perfect shade for this cooler weather. BOO WINTER LOL
    I love the shine factor that the Mirenesse gloss adds to the Australis lippy. It looks FAB :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey doll hope you are ok - you've been in my thoughts too babe, life gets frantic sometimes, and any visit from you is a bright and bountiful blessing hon ♡ Ta for the feedback gorgeous ♡ xxx

      Delete