Saturday 6 September 2014

EOTD: Sugarpill Velocity and Tako...

So Spring where are you babe? You appeared in all your glory on Monday, and then scuttled back into your hibernation cave when the snow hit the slopes. Please PLEASE come back! Here's hoping this blue and white EOTD will encourage you to take another step outside, and stay...


Good old essence white kajal was my base here - it's just the best way to propel any eye shadow hue into the bold and bright stratosphere. I pressed Sugarpill Tako (white) along the top lashline, and then blended Velocity (bright blue) towards the back of my lid. For defining the crease and lower lashes, I added Sleek Ink from the V2 Matte palette...


On the waterline is Mirenesse Inside Out Kohl liner in Uto (aqua) - one of the few I have left that's not dried up and crumbling to pieces. Such a shame that these liners don't have a very long shelf life - I bought almost the entire set, and the majority of them are no longer usable...


And the whole blue and white effect...


Incidentally, this gorgeous lipstick I'm wearing is Revlon Liptember Mauve - bought it at Chemist Warehouse for $9.99, and it's the usual Super Lustrous formula. The Liptember campaign raises funds (and awareness) for women's mental health every September...



So in your part of town, did Spring run away too?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Yeah it's still pretty nippy here at night, still, there's sunshine throughout the day so can't complain. I'm not exactly looking forward to the heat to be honest, it always gets too hot for me. Yuk!

    I'm loving this eye combo, the added white looks gorgeous and makes blue look good! Looking gorgeous Kat! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hot is even uncomfortable for me hon - I like "warm", but unfortunately Summer doesn't come with a dial ha ha. Thanks for your lovely feedback sweetie - hey LOVING your new lamp by the way. What a bargain! No wonder you snapped it up...

      Delete
  2. Hey Kats!!! It's very Spring in the Riverina. :D I don't miss the coastal weather at all. Apparently it's been raining for like 3 weeks where I used to live!
    Love your eye creation darl. The white along your lash line really frames the blue and makes it even more radiant. Love the lippy too. What a gorgeous colour for Liptember! You look beautiful as always Kats xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you lucky gal! Actually it would be Spring anywhere YOU are pumpkin ♡ We need to make you a national treasure and get the sunshine all round the country ♡ So glad you like the blue look hon xxx

      Delete
  3. Kat, this look is so ethereal, I love the soft blue that graduates into a deeper shade, so beautifully blended as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Indie you always come up with such great adjectives - ethereal - love it gorgeous lady ♡♡♡

      Delete