Sunday 11 January 2015

REVIEW: Ego QV Face Moisturising Day Cream...

After winning the whole "face" set six weeks ago, I'm delighted to say that this marvelous moisturiser has been nourishing and protecting my face, neck and decolletage for the last month, and for my ageing combination skin, it's a keeper Apart from the bonus SPF 30, what I love about it the most is that it's so amazingly light and non-greasy, yet the formula is potent and hydrating...
Always ALWAYS the problem I have with day moisturisers (and especially those containing sunscreens) is that they invariably either clog my pores, or turn my already oily T-zone into an out of control greasefest. Believe me I've tried a whole bunch of them, from $10 supermarket versions all the way up to exxy $200+ products (including La Prairie - whoa!), and never stick with any of them because of the aforesaid issues...


To be honest I was beginning to despair - I figured if I still had problems with even the best-of-the-best, there was little hope of finding something that would work well for me on a regular basis. But of course I hadn't gotten around to trying Ego QV Face Moisturising Day Cream. I'm loving the fact that I only need a small squeeze to thoroughly hydrate my drier bits, my pores are staying clear, and I'm only patting on an oil-absorbing powder once or twice in a day instead of every hour. Also my facial freckles normally darken with a vengeance every Summer, but they haven't become any more pronounced than they were during the cooler seasons, so the sunscreen is working a treat...


Actually more like a milk than a cream, you'll need only the gentlest squeeze pressure when dispensing from the screw top tube. It absorbs so quickly that I can apply my foundation within a few minutes, and it's a pleasure to feel how soft and smooth my skin is under my fingertips. After using it for almost five weeks, the tube doesn't feel any lighter than when I started, so I'll hazard a guess that it will last up to four or five months - at around $16, I'm as happy as a clam 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. This cream really sounds lovely, Kat. Great review, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe, I'm just SO happy to have found something that my skin doesn't object to ha ha!

      Delete
  2. A good moisturiser with sun protection, definitely need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well worth the investment hon - if it doesn't suit your facial skin, you could use it as a sunscreen on the rest of your body. That's what I've done with some of the other brands that have clogged my complexion xxx

      Delete
  3. I really really like the sound of this! So happy you won the prize as we now look forward to comprehensive reviews that will entice or make us turn the other way, I currently use & love the Neutrogena Utlra Sheer sunscreen but this works as a wonderful moisturiser too. You've described everything I want.

    Oh and your photos are of such high quality, coupled with your styling - you really bring out the beauty of even simple packaging. I am so looking forward to buying this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline the Neutrogena one is great too - I put that on my arms so my clothes don't stick so much!

      As always I so appreciate your supportive comments sweetie, especially about my photos. I've been experimenting a lot lately with different lighting, backdrops and props, and loving every minute - it's another creative outlet too ♡♡♡

      Delete
  4. Wow this sounds like it worked amazingly for you! I love it when I find a true HG product!
    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sold Jasmine - truly I was so lucky to win this whole set,!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic Review Kats! It sounds like such a great all rounder product.....gotta love when that happens and its so reasonably priced.
    Look forward to reading your reviews on the other QV Face products you are using too.
    Love Flaming Beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flaming my darling friend, my heart soars like a hawk to see you here! - hope you are well hon (you sound it ♥). More reviews coming up, doing the eye cream next - I can't believe how good this range is for the teeny outlay. Hugs to you babe ♥♥♥

      Delete