Sunday 27 October 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Favourite September 2019 LOTD's...

Yay for Spring! A distinct lack of deep plums and berries in this collection, but that's to be expected as I slowly shift to the warmer weather wardrobe Every year the October long weekend is my signal, and every year, the week after I pack away the woollies, it gets cold again lol! Usually just for a week or so, but what's the point of patterns if you don't learn something, so this time I was smart and kept a few outfits aside just in case, and I actually didn't box my boots till today. It's still a bit too chilly in the mornings for strappy sandals, but I've dusted off the between-season shoes, the fake tan bottle is on the bench, and I've rearranged the wardrobe so I'm ready for the >25 degree days ahead -  bring it on! ...

Favourite September 2019 LOTD's collage

Only one red last month - I've been wearing more pastel shades so far, but I've no doubt it'll make a comeback once I get into the summery brights that are starting to wave at me from the closet ...

Brown LOTD's

1. Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Gold Goddess. This isn't a true representation of the actual lipstick - it's a gold slightly metallic shade, quite pale and sheer, but because I rarely want to look like I've just stepped out of a Bond movie (lol), I apply it over the top of something else, usually a brown that isn't golden enough to match my outfit, and it does the trick ...
2. Bourjois Rouge Velvet - Brownette.  One of my fave brown lippies, this one seems to go with any of the earthy shades in my wardrobe. The formula is super comfortable, and I usually only reapply after eating ...
3. Australis Metallic Velour Lips Matte Lip Cream - Bang Kok. Another one from my Australis $3 sale splurge. Simply adore the colour, but I'm not a fan of the drying effect it has on my lips so I carry around a toning gloss which I apply just to the inner part of my lips to stop them sticking together ... 


Nude & Orange LOTD's

4. Covergirl Katy Kat Matte - Catoure. Have had this one a while, and I have a spare just in case it's discontinued, although I can still see it on the Priceline website. LOVE this shade, the feel and the finish. It's a demi-matte which is the only kind I can wear comfortably ...
5. Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer - Sunstone. In theory, this should be EOL as I bought it in...2015! I know because I reviewed some of the range HERE, and there are still some colours available, sadly not this one. What a brilliant formula though - to last this long with no change in taste, smell, texture or colour. Still awesomely hydrating, and the gloss just keeps on keeping on! ...
6. Innoxa Summer Matte - Tangerine. My lipstick cull has slowed lately as I keep finding ancient lippies (like this one) that are still perfectly viable. And this being such a juicy and vibrant orange, I simply can't toss it yet, although I bought it in 2014! Holey guacemoley, how is that possible? Streak-free oranges are so hard to come by, so this will stay with me for a while yet ...


Reddish LOTD's

7. Nude By Nature Satin Liquid Lipstick - Sienna.  One word - divine! I have a few of these now, just hanging out till they expand the range into some brights, like a red or a fuchsia or a purple This is the boldest one I've swatched (and bought) so far, and given how blissfully comfortable this creamy liquid is, I hope they realise they're onto a good and great thing, and cater for us gals that go gaga over loud lip products ...
8. Maybelline ColorSensational Made For All - Red For Me. I think you know by now how I feel about this little darling. Full review of the range is HERE ...
9. Nude By Nature Satin Liquid Lipstick - Rich Plum. Ditto #7 ...


Purple, Pink & Plum LOTD's

10. Nutrimetics Hydra Brilliance 50th Anniversary Lipstick - Marshmallow. I should have bought more of these. Actually, I did, but I gave them away! This shade is just so gorgeous, flattering and versatile. Looks equally fab with navy, khaki, grey or teal ...
11. Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick - Electric Pink. Almost three years old, this one never fails to keep my lips hydrated, or brighten my day. Another one that I can't toss - I still have the whole set that I reviewed HERE ... 
12. Australis Liquid Lips - Pan-Na-Cotta.  Far more comfy formula than the matte range - I can handle this one, and of course, this shade is to die for. I'll be giving it a hammering this summer as I KNOW it will go perfectly with so many outfits ...

That's it for September lovelies - October collage is in the pipeline!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my...I love that Tangerine lipstick and that Electric Pink. Im actually having a thing with pink lippy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cheery aren't they Fawn - that's why I can't bear to part with them, even though the purists say 12 months max, or maybe 2 years. I guess I'm not a purist lol!

      Delete
  2. I do like the Tangerine lipstick.

    PSST....I'll tell you a secret....There are some lipsticks in my collection that I bought before I got married and I have been married for over 14 years...oh the shame..the shame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shame Okatko - if they're still working for you or if you're just keeping them for sentimental reasons, it's nobody's business but yours ♥♥♥

      Delete