Monday 2 December 2013

EOTD: Turquoise...

What better way to kick off summer AND December than with a brand new eye shadow (like I needed another one? ha ha) and one that's the colour of this month's birthstone...

Turquoise!

I LOVE this shade and I LOVE this new shadow from essence - it's so vivid and creamy and sparkly and metallic, and there's very little fallout. This was applied dry and my mind is boggling at how it will turn out when applied with a damp brush, so watch this space lol...


It's from a new range called metal glam, and this particular one is called Jewel Up The Ocean - isn't it just divine? Only $4.25, and there's quite a few in the set, although this is the only one that really caught my eye. Apparently there's an orange called Miss Tangerine, but they didn't have it at my local Target - oh how I miss not having a Priceline nearby :-(


I took this photo with a flash so you could see all the pretty sparkles...
It just so happens that this jewel shade is almost identical to my Mirenesse Face Gel in Blue Moon (discontinued) and so that's what I used as a base, and to line the waterline.


 


I smoked the outer corner with UD Zero, and then added a very fine line of MUA matte charcoal (shade #20) along the crease for extra definition. Added MNY Master Precise Liquid Liner on the lower lashline with some Jewel over the top, and MNY The Falsies waterproof mascara.



Such a gorgeous colour, and I'm totally TOTALLY hooked. If only they'd bring out a purple or a green, but then again, the bliss might be too much, even for me :-)

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. Wow GORGEOUS Kats!! I spotted these new essence eye shadows the other day in Priceline and they are very pretty and sparkly. I am pretty sure I spotted a Lavender Colour???
    I am loving essence at the moment...have replaced my much loved Lancôme Mascara with an essence one and......even bought one of their new Matt Foundations the other day just to try it out!!
    Keep 'em coming Darling Kats
    Love FB xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey darlin' - so happy you've been exploring and enjoying the essence range, they make some awesome products. Mmm I'll be keeping an eye out for the lavender shadow - thanks for the tip sweetie xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh, I so didn't need to see this! I want this eye shadow, but I'm not supposed to buying until I start using up products, eek! This look is beautiful, it's tempting me to break my no-buy! lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops hon, didn't mean to lure you out of your stronghold - they'll be around for a while though, so be good, maybe till next week? ha ha ♥

      Delete
  3. Wow Kats, this is so beautiful! I love how you're able to make bold colours really wearable. I think i need to go out and buy some of these metal glam shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much T&T - I hope the rest of the range is just as fabulous, I'm counting on you to try them out lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am impressed with how pigmented and bright it is. Looks wonderful with your eye colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really special Jess j - thank you for your lovely comment hon, just love it when I find a bargain shadow that performs so brilliantly :-)

      Delete
  6. Thanks to you kats.....I bought some Essence in the greens and browns and was amazed at how easy they were to use and even better.......their price.
    This blue is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news Mandy - they really are terrific value and the pigmentation is stunning. It takes all my strength to not buy them all lol...

      Delete