Monday 15 December 2014

EOTD: Sleek Acid Coral and Teal...

Gadzooks! What do you do when you're caught up in the pre-Christmas rush, your internet connection is flakey on a good day, and you've a gazillion reviews of fabulous products to upload? You post yet another EOTD using your favourite palette  

And what do you do when you want to create a coral and teal look, and your favourite palette doesn't contain either of those colours? You reach for your Sleek Acid palette, and make it happen with a blending brush...


The beauty of knowing "what makes what" in the colour world is that you can create just about anything if you have some basic hues, and the Sleek Acid palette is a treasure trove of such gems. I started with a base of essence white kajal (Really? No!) and then laid down some gorgeous orange, and blended the pink over the top. I went over it a few times, alternating the colours, and voila - coral!


The far right blue in this palette isn't teal at all, but it does have some green in it. So by adding teal on my waterline (essence Sun Club BBC All Night Blue), and some Orbit from the Sleek V2 in the crease, I fooled the eye (and the camera) into thinking that the blue was in fact teal...


Then I blended and blended, and took the Orbit under the eye as well...


And here's the whole face - cheeks are essence "blush up" in Heat Wave, which when you blend the orange and pink together, you get (as mentioned earlier)...coral. Lips are SAX Coral (#28) with Mirenesse 3D Gloss in Lust Me over the top...



Apologies for the lack of promised reviews, but I'll make up for it once I go on hols at the end of the week - bring on Friday!

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this just makes your eyes pop! Looks beautiful Kat, and that pink, ooh, super pretty! Love your work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Candy, you say the loveliest things hon, thank you - the pink turned out better than I'd hoped, even the camera seemed to like it lol... xxx

      Delete
  2. That's gorgeous Kats! I feel inspired to create a nail look (at some stage!) based upon those colours....or ones close to it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Seashells I have my fingers crossed that you do - I'd LOVE to see it hon ♥

      Delete
  3. Kat, you clever lady. I love how creative you are, turning your eye looks into works of art. Love your jewelry, too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie you're so very kind darling - gosh I'm so flattered hon, especially as this is something I just LOVE to do, each and every day ♥

      Delete