Tuesday 2 December 2014

REVIEW: Best In Beauty 2014 winner, Bioré Self-Heating One Minute Mask...

Towards the end of every year, that totally-in-the-know team over at beautyheaven announce their winners of the Best In Beauty Awards - an amazing list of the products most adored by their loyal members. These goodies are invariably the Holy Grails of the gals who vote for them, and consequently the cream of the crop of what's available in the market place...
This year's list contained a few surprises, but overall it's pretty darn impressive (here's the link), and I'll be reviewing some of my faves over the next few months, starting with this winner of the Best Face MaskBioré Self-Heating One Minute Mask with Natural Charcoal...


I'm the first to admit that I'm pretty slack when it comes to masks - I love them to bits, but I'm hopelessly time-poor, and consequently don't use them as often as I should. Well, that WAS the case, but all that's changed since I discovered this unbelievably quick and deep cleansing mask. I've been using and loving these fascinating little sachets for months now (usually once per week, sometimes more), and there's always a spare pack or two in my drawer - I just hadn't gotten around to posting a review. And then last week a box arrived courtesy of bh (as well as some other winning gems) and reminded me that it was high time I waxed lyrical about it...


This is the quickest mask you'll ever use, and one that will leave your complexion super soft, toned and feeling as clean as a whistle. I have to say though it's somewhat peculiar, like nothing else I've tried before. I use it in the shower because it's easier, and there's less mess than doing it over a basin. I wet my face, tear open the sachet, and squeeze the yucky looking dark grey cream into my hands. Instantly I can feel it heating up (whoa!), so I start massaging it into my face. It's almost a sticky, mud-like consistency,  but really easy to spread, and while the cream itself feels deliciously warm at first, after about 30 seconds, my face starts to feel cool, as if I've patted it with menthol. How weird is that?


It smells quite pleasant, hard to identify, but it's not a chemical scent - I'll go with "earthy" lol. After a minute, I rinse away the goop, and pat dry my newly refreshed and refined face. My skin doesn't feel tight or dry, there's no irritation, and the softening effect is amazing. I guess it's not really a mask in the traditional sense because you don't leave it on for more than 60 seconds - I'm more inclined to call it a souped-up deep pore cleanser 


At $8 a box, each sachet costs $2, which I think is a teeny amount to pay for something that gives my complexion an extra cleansing boost, and even shrinks my pores a tad. The sachets are amazingly travel friendly, and my only gripe is that I find it quite a challenge to squeeze all the cream out of the foil pack, but then again, I've always been all fingers and thumbs when it comes to sachets...

In summary, I love this product, and will continue to re-purchase it (three or four packs when it's on special!) - thanks again beautyheaven for sending me this little treasure, and for giving me a much needed poke to write this long overdue review 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love this product! Especially in Winter due to the warming effect. I pick up a stash when they're on sale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goody, another fan! Thanks for letting me know mayday - yep the secret is to buy them on special ♥

      Delete
  2. Great review, hun. 1 minute mask, now that's appealing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie the fact that it only takes 60 seconds is a dream come true for me - that's about all the time I have in the morning lol ♥

      Delete
  3. I'm another big fan of these. I love Bioré cleansers too. Holy grail cleansers for me. I tried leaving this mask on for about half an hour once, just to see what would happen, but the results were identical to when I leave it for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's good to know hon - I haven't tried it for longer mainly because I don't have time. I'm a huge fan of Bioré cleansers as well - will be doing a review of their charcoal cleanser hopefully in the next few weeks... ♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. Earthy smell! Haha... That's definitely a good way to put it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad you agree TP - I honestly didn't have a clue how else to describe it. I just hope folks don't think it smells like dirt, because it doesn't, more like...rocks? Lol I give up... xxx

      Delete