Friday 9 January 2015

REVIEW: Chi Chi Marshmallow EDP...

Review #2. Mmmmm...Chi Chi Marshmallow EDP - the sweetest most feminine little fragrance that envelops me in a fluffy cloud of musk and roses for a good five or six hours after I've spritzed. This is pretty close to a dupe of the MOR version (which is spicier and more intense), but almost half the price, which makes it super attractive to me. I'm SO glad I picked up this collection of miniature Chi Chi perfumes - wouldn't want to have missed this gorgeous little girl...
It's quite funny really - up until 6 months ago I would have avoided this scent like the plague. Although I quite enjoy musk-based fragrances, back then I regarded anything as obviously lollyish as this as being too young for me - but hey, if I've learned one or two things in my almost six decades on the planet, it's that one's tastes can change in the wink of an eye, and that's what happened when a friend sent me a sample. Such a clean, innocent and lovable smell, and I'm guessing it's the patchouli content in this formula that stops it being too sickly sweet - there's also rose, vanilla (which I can't detect) and, of course, musk (big time!). In my opinion, the rose and the musk are in a masterful and perfect balance - one drop more of either, and the magical harmony would be lost...
Girly and soft, I'll definitely be buying one of the large bottles now that I've had the chance to sample her delights from this 10ml purse spray...

Love love love this perfume, and you know what, I reckon this is what angels smell like 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. Too young for you......no way hun! The gorgeous sweet scent of marshmellow simply backs up who you are as a person :) It's perfect for you.
    Oh gosh I love the MOR marshmellow fragrance so much so to read that there is a fantastic dupe out there at a MOR ;) affordable price makes me lusting to get my Chi Chi on so bad! Thanks so much for the wonderful review babe xxx
    PS your pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma darlin', Happy New Year Sugarbear! Thanks a bunch for stopping by, and for the ♥ - I'm having a ball setting up and taking the photos, I think I've found a new hobby lol, not that I have time for another hobby - noooooo! Anyways I'm so glad this review might have helped you sweetheart - I do so love spreading the word about (far less expensive) dupes ♥

      Delete
  2. My mum has the MOR version and I agree that they're almost identical. I have the Chi Chi one and it's one of my go to everyday scents for the warmer months. Love it! But them I am a bit of a sweet tooth! The lasting power on this one is great too - lasts longer than some of my more expensive perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mayday, I really appreciate your comment hon - it's always a comfort to know that someone else shares my sense of smell, and to have it confirmed that I'm not quite crazy yet ♥

      Delete
  3. Sounds like such a beautiful perfume, Kat. I'm the same, my love of various notes change over time. Foody used to be my one true love, but now I like deep, exotic florals xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness we all like different things hey Indie, and that we move through the various categories - how boring it would be to only like certain things forever. I count on you to keep me posted on all the delights you're discovering babe ♥

      Delete
  4. I bought this in a gift pack with the matching body lotion & shower gel. It's divine isn't it? But I've found that Chi Chi perfumes don't last as long on me. I've tried a tiny drop of MOR Marshmallow tester & it stayed strong all day, where the Chi Chi fades. This is the most long-lasting of the 3 Chi Chis I own, but they're so cheap, you can repurchase so easily.
    The packaging might be marketed for teens, but I would call the scent universal. A granny at a wedding would draw admiring comments if she wore this perfume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said neurotic, anyone could wear this - and yes I think out of the 8 in this collection, this one lasts longest on me too ♥

      Delete
  5. Haha! Now that I know you think it smells like angels, I will HAVE to go have a sniff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well worth a try TP - it's not for everybody, but it's truly divine ♥

      Delete