Saturday 23 November 2013

EOTD: Purple #2

The other day I realised that I've only posted one PURPLE EOTD so far - gaaahhhh! It's not because I don't adore purple eyeshadow (oh but I do!), I actually wear it probably once per week, but my camera doesn't seem all that keen on capturing the beauty of this particular hue - it tends to make it look more blue than purple, or even a bit murky & muddy, and consequently there just haven't been that many pics worthy of posting. Well that was until this week when I went all out to find a blend of pigments that my camera just couldn't argue with, and here it is...


Interestingly, the shadows are made by what I'd call a bargain brand - L.A.Colors, which is a range you find in those discount bin variety stores where they sell anything and everything. This particular palette is called Venus, and it truly is a goddess collection of purples, all for the exceptionally wallet-friendly price of $6.99. These are baked shadows and really pop when applied with a damp brush. For this look, I blended the bottom two colours over a gel base.


This was also the perfect opportunity to try out the new Face of Australia Budge-Proof Gel Eyeliner in Pure Purple. Using a gel eyeliner as a base is my absolute favourite and most trusted way of showing off a powder shadow to its best advantage, as well as ensuring it lasts through the day. 


This particular gel takes a lot longer to dry than others in my kit, which was a darn nuisance the first few times I used it, but now I'm enjoying the extra time that it gives me to press on the powder before it sets. Pure Purple is a gloriously bold deep violet, far more pigmented than the MNY Painted Purple tattoo, more true purple than either Mirenesse Purple Tart or Virgin Violet, and pretty good value for $9.95. I also have it in Brilliant Blue, but that's for another day :-)



The gel is creamy and shimmery and has a brush built into the lid - the bristles are quite petite and fine, so I used one of my own flat brushes to plaster it over my lid, but the one it comes with would probably work well if you wanted to actually use it as liner (ha ha what a thought - using a liner...as a liner!).



I have quite a few of these L.A.Colors shadows, and will gradually give you a glimpse of them in the months ahead. The non-baked ones aren't quite as spectacular, but one or two of the pans in each of the regular palettes I have are true beauties :-)

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, as are all of the lovely looks, Kats, Hun. You take eye looks to a whole new level of loveliness.

    With love,
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a darling you are Trish - you always find the right words to leave a perfectly wonderful comment xxx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!!!!
    I ♥ purple too kat :-) its my fave colour. I absolutely adore your purple EOTD. I'd love to replicate this throughout the week :-)
    I love the colours in the quad as well. They look like they would work so well together with any combo you choose.
    Great work beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma sweetheart, I'm delighted to find out you're a purple-lover too :-) I have a couple of MUA purples in my kit that are absolutely divine, and I'll definitely use them in the next few weeks to create a look especially for you hon :-)

      Delete
    2. How exciting!!!! I can't wait! :-)
      I wonder if I have the same MUA shades as you? I have a heap of palettes thanks to a beautiful mate sending them to me. Ill have to get the names of the palettes tomorrow :)
      Hope you have a good night sleep and talk soon x

      Delete
    3. Hon, I'll dig mine out and we can compare notes - most of mine are singles, but I reckon they're all stunners. Sweet dreams hon xxx

      Delete
  3. purple has always been one of my go to colours. This is absolutely gorgeous ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily - if only it wasn't so hard to photograph, I'd post heaps more. I had no idea it was so popular!

      Delete
  4. Hello gorgeous, thanks for brightening my day with your purple EOTD... I love purple and this is so stunning! Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi beautiful - and you've brightened mine too darling, thanks a bunch. I found a pic of OUR favourite choccie and posted it over on bh ♥

      Delete