Sunday 17 November 2013

EOTD: Apricot and Brown...

I seem to be going a bit Apricot mad this spring - there's something so incredibly appealing about it, I think because it's calming, fresh and warm at the same time. Not nearly as riotous as straight orange, and soft enough to flatter just about any complexion. Actually I can't think of an eye colour that wouldn't look fabulous with it - grey, brown, blue, hazel, even my tealy green peepers seem to come alive when offset with this delicate shade.


As you may have gathered, I'm quite the experimenter - I do so love exploring putting different shades together just to see what happens. Of course, pairing apricot with brown is hardly what I'd call "experimental", but as I'm only just discovering the beauty of this colour, I'm taking baby steps and going with a sure bet lol. Going forward I can imagine this would look stunning with a lapis blue or a deep amethyst,  a gold-olive or perhaps even a rosy pink? - oops there I go dreaming again, but I can't help it! Colours just call out to me to play with them, and with so many possibilities, I was inspired to go through my kit and dig out some shadows that haven't seen the light of day in a long while :-)


For this look, I remembered my bronzey Maybelline New York Hyperdiamonds palette, one I've had for over 2 years, but probably haven't used for 12 months. These days I keep my shadows safely locked away in drawers so they stay dust-free, out of the light, and don't seem to deteriorate as fast over time, and I'm happy to report this little palette still has plenty of life left in it.


I started by tightlining with Mirenesse Inside Out Kohl liner in Amun (deep red/brown), and took it underneath the lower lashes, followed by a base of MNY Tattoo in Fierce & Tangy. Over that went a blend of two of the colours from the MNY palette (marked above) along the top lashline, and Paper Bag from the Sleek V2 palette towards the crease and lower lashline. Finished it off with my usual MNY The Falsies waterproof mascara & essence white kajal on the waterline.


 


I reckon this shade is wonderfully versatile and goes with just about anything - definitely time I had a poke around in my cabinets to see what else I've been neglecting :-)

Take care of you,
kats xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love this combo kats! It's definitely fresh and warm :)
    Oooh, but I *love* your ideas for pairing apricot with gold olive or rosy pink! I think it'd look stunning - I'd definitely love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Tulip, I'll fit these combos in at some stage - but I definitely need more than 7 days in a week lol... Thanks for your lovely comment hon :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Gorgeous as always :)
    Hehehe I'm glad your going mad with Apricot, it really is a warm, soft, lovely shade....just like you really! Not that your a lovely shade LOL but you are lovely. Hang on....your skin is a lovely shade so I guess that does make you a lovely shade LOL
    I'm loving that MNY Color Tattoo shade, it looks incredible. I'll have to keep my eye out for it :)
    Thanks for sharing another wonderful EOTD hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks for the giggle Gemma hon :-) Oooh yeah Fierce & Tangy is a MUST HAVE in your collection if you want to show off apricot to its best advantage - it's not really fierce, but it certainly is tangy :-)

      Delete
  3. I adore this look, Kat, and like Tulip, I'd love to see you pair this divine apricot colour with some other shades, too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's two votes scent - don't need any more than that ha ha. Might have to wait till next week, but it will happen xxx

      Delete